So what's the deal with AEP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the deal with AEP?

Did we ever get it sorted out to where we can have dynamic multiplayer co-op campaigns? I'm supposedly getting AEP delivered tomorrow (just in time for the weekend) - I'm ready to fly!!!

Re: So what's the deal with AEP?

Blind and I have tried a few missions, and it SEEMS to work. There may be a difference, however, for a dedicated server set-up. Furthermore, at one point, it seemed the same mission kept coming up, this might have been a minor glitch, or maybe it was done on purpose because we were getting our tails shot off each time out.

There's still more to learn with the campaign generator, we're basically doing it by trial and error.

Either way Nipplecorn, get it installed and we'll monkey around with it some more :icon7: .

Comment

Originally posted by Opus
      Blind and I have tried a few missions, and it SEEMS to work. There may be a difference, however, for a dedicated server set-up. Furthermore, at one point, it seemed the same mission kept coming up, this might have been a minor glitch, or maybe it was done on purpose because we were getting our tails shot off each time out.

There's still more to learn with the campaign generator, we're basically doing it by trial and error.

Either way Nipplecorn, get it installed and we'll monkey around with it some more :icon7: .
      I finally recevied AEP in the mail today, and installed it this evening. All you monkeys are playing LOMAC, though - :(.

Let me know when y'all decide to go back to the glory days of WW2.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NippleCorn
        I finally recevied AEP in the mail today, and installed it this evening. All you monkeys are playing LOMAC, though - :(.

Let me know when y'all decide to go back to the glory days of WW2.

NC

i just got it and im installing it tomorrow... so lets get some il2 aep going tomorrow... i want to fly a spit.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I've just had a better experience with Lock-On. We did way more co-op missions with much more instruction. If we do some full missions (take-off, objectives, and landing) with clear instructions about bombing and the such I think I'll get a better grasp and enjoy the game more.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
            I've just had a better experience with Lock-On. We did way more co-op missions with much more instruction. If we do some full missions (take-off, objectives, and landing) with clear instructions about bombing and the such I think I'll get a better grasp and enjoy the game more.

negative, Lockon has had a pretty dedicated server for a long time so we can do these things with it. now we need the il2 server up and running which i am told will be soon but then again i have been told that for a long time...

it isnt the fault of anybodes more and more problems keep arising.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I was playing Lock-On before we had a "dedicated" server. Most of my training was when somebody hosted a game. I've flown a couple of times in IL-2 but it's always just flying around. The dedicated server we had for a while was really bad since it was always set to TvT. It wasn't a good learning environment and turned me off.

Comment

We had me, Squid, Blind and opus on a hosted server(opus) for several hours after you all bailed on lomac and we had a blast playing COOP! Some good flying alot different than LOMAC and imho alot more challenging than lomac! Dogfights are awsome so are the bombing runs. not that lomac is easy just that when you can wipe out 6-8 targets in one pass on lomac and on IL2 you fight like mad changing speeds banking and rolling to get just one kill if that without being gunned down it's alot more fun. the battle last longer but longer in a good way.

It's unfortunate that my red vs blue mission on lomac kept crashing that would have been some serious flying (will be looking at what the problem is asap) but man you guys on have not experienced flying like the flying on IL2 till you get into a real coop mission on it not that TVT Stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                  I was playing Lock-On before we had a "dedicated" server. Most of my training was when somebody hosted a game. I've flown a couple of times in IL-2 but it's always just flying around. The dedicated server we had for a while was really bad since it was always set to TvT. It wasn't a good learning environment and turned me off.

sorry but al least IL2 works without question, doesnt drop you from the game more times than you arfe able to play, allows 12 -15 people to play before you notice it....

nope Lomac is a wate of resources.. it has already been shown that you can have about 6 people plAYING before someone gets too bad they cant.. even then you will have graphics glitches etc etc...i never once had to say... oh well ill wait for the next patch with IL2 they produced a superb game great software, and the amount of planes you can fly is just unbelievable. rather than 5 planes... ohhh whoopee done that wonr the t-shirt... next.

if i had known how lomac would treat me ie never get a game accept on very rare occasions i would have saved my money for something else...

and as i have said it is annoying me now because IL2 would run the same way as Lomac if the admin team would find a place for it as they have for Lomac. But maybe i am beating on deaf ears i dont know.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

IL2 is just so different and I'd really like some training sessions. Getting help to fly in LOMAC is what really made the difference for me. There were some IL2 training sessions but they weren't helpful and didn't last more than a few sessions. Is the co-op hosting different with a dedicated server than self-hosted? I remember you have to join before the game starts or you can't until the game is over.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X