Battle Over Europe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Over Europe

Anyone have any more info. about this? From what I've read, it's an expansion pack for IL-2 FB, BUT, it's by a different company. This expansion pack focuses on the Western front. I know many of us were left wondering why the Spit., Mustang, P-38, etc. were included in Aces, but without any co-op or campaign missions for them. I'm assuming that BoE will address that. Anyway, if anyone knows a bit more about BoE (such as the release date, format, etc.), post it here.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_110a.html

Re: Battle Over Europe

It's an add-on like so many FS add ons. It looks like it's available now. From the review it sounds like most of this product was released with AEP and the 1.22 patch (normandy and ardennes maps, planes, vehicles, etc.) What's new appears to be the missions, campaigns, briefings, and skins. It sounds pretty cool, but I'm probably going to hold off buying it until I've seen more of what we can do online with what we have now.

Video

Video 2

Q. How will the online dynamic campaign differ from the one that is coming up in the Aces addition?

A. The online campaigns in the two products will differ in the same way as the offline campaigns. With Battle Over Europe you will be able to fly for USAAF and Luftwaffe over Western Europe, while in the Ace Expansion Pack you will fly for the Soviet Air Force and several Axis countries opposing it on the Eastern Front. I think the difference in theaters, planes and historical briefings will be enough to make the two products differ, and at the same time compliment each other.
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
      Ugh - how can they put out such low quality videos? Those jaggies are KILLIN' ME man!

Comment

well its out in England already.. i have showed blind and fanatik already... but not in the shops over there yet i guess.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I ordered a copy from Netwings a couple of days ago :) . Since it's being shipped from England, I'm hoping it comes with a pint of good English ale :icon20: .

Comment

Originally posted by Opus
            I ordered a copy from Netwings a couple of days ago :) . Since it's being shipped from England, I'm hoping it comes with a pint of good English ale :icon20: .

unfortunatly not but i will get my copy now then/... so we can take a couple of lancasters over germany and **** hitler right up guv.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Sounds good Opus and Dude i'll order a copy aswell that make three of us that have it:) anyone else interested?

Comment

I read somewhere that only the host needs to have the game (hint to Dude) installed - I guess it works the same way the co-op missions do. I suppose this expansion is simply a mission pack using existing maps and birds, but hopefully there will be some new planes as well (I'm dying to get my hands on a Tempest V :icon_smil ).

Comment

Originally posted by Opus
                  I read somewhere that only the host needs to have the game (hint to Dude) installed - I guess it works the same way the co-op missions do. I suppose this expansion is simply a mission pack using existing maps and birds, but hopefully there will be some new planes as well (I'm dying to get my hands on a Tempest V :icon_smil ).

UNFORTUNATLY YOU CAN HINT ALL YOU WANT BUT NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO MY SERVER WITH ITS CONNECTION THROUGH 4 COMPUTERS AND SEPERATE FIREWALLS ON EACH. SO YOU COULD TRY... BUT NOT REALLY SON.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

AWWW CRAP!!! I thought this was the damn Aces Expansion Pack so I come in here to find out and it isn't - cept I just bought it.

So do I still need AEP? I asked for it but they only had BOE. God damn gonna have to buy another expansion now.
                    Jex.

Comment

Actually Jex the BOE is Server Side so as long as the host has it everyone can play the missions so it's only reguired for TG to have it. Everyone else need not worry about buying the BOE unless they plan to play it single player But ya you'll need AEP for sure.

Comment

Reading ther blurb this pack has a dynamic mission generator capable of making over 3,000,000 missions. yes three million and the results of the previous mission go fourth to the next one and it is also multi-player meaning we could be up for some long nights ahead. I'll grab aces today if I can find it and then we can give it a go and see how it works this week if people are around.
                        Jex.

Comment

Ya jex it's pretty nice. I was in with squid the other day and we played BOE with me hosting everytime we died I would just hit new i believe is the button and everything changed everything from the planes we were flying to the planes the enemy was flying the map stayed the same but the way points changed we generally took off from the same location but enemy planes took off from different locations on their side. so ya the potential is endless. Certainly no chance of mission memorization or bordem getting tired of playing the same missions over and over.

Comment

Also, we can set initial parameters in terms of planes we want to fly, and fly against. There is a small drop-down menu when you first begin the campaign, and it gives about 4 choices of fighters, as well as strike aircraft. This way, if you'd rather fly the P-51's, you won't be saddled flying the P-47 Thunderbolts all the time. Unfortunately, as far as I know, only the 3 vesions of the P-47's, and one version of the P-51 Mustang is available--so no Spitfires, P-38 Lightnings, etc. There might be a way to toss them into the list, but I'm not sure.

And like Shadow mentioned, the game tracks mission success, and changes the conditions on the ground (and in the air) accordingly. This is not a huge dramamtic change--it is gradual over time. I heard some people complain that in the Russian campaign it seemed it was always the same mission, which it is to some extent, but after a while there will be subtle changes, as the successes and failures add up. Bear in mind as well that if the mission was to bomb a strong point, airfield, etc., and it failed, you might be sent back in to do the job!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X