Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

    This I just read from the manual (abridged)

    " The first step is to designate the point on the ground near your target. Lock the maverick to stabalize the seeker. Once stabalized, you can move the centre of the pointing cross (the little cross in the TV display) above your desired target. Once in range the seeker will lock and you can fire."

    This means we don't have to get a perfect lock and can target further out - cool huh?
    Jex.


  • #2
    Re: Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

    I think I have mentioned this before while we're flying. I use it sometimes to lock on to targets. There will be problems with accidentally locking up buildings close to the intended target.

    - It's who you game with.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

      Yes it will lock targets like buildings if they are close but i think that's for the K's. The D's are infrared so they should lock onto a heat source - so better with ground clutter. So does the little cross move around with the same keys as the big cross?
      Jex.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

        It moves exactly the same way. The problem still exists with the D Mavs, somebody is spending an awful lot of money on heating their buildings, so I don't use it that often. I mostly use the methods we've all been using because I tend to lock up buildings.

        - It's who you game with.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

          I personnally Hate K mavs and prefer D mavs as most of you know buildings or not i rarely miss my target it's all in practice and getting to know the jump of the ret, when your use to it you can be fairly certain weather you've locked the target or a building beside it. However with the info you provided jex I may try those k's out again let see just how far out we can lock and launch using this method any idea on range? right now with D's I can lock anywhere from 7-6.5NM out k's alot less more like 5-4NM. if it is possible to lock a K mav from farther out than 7-6.5 like i can with the D's then i'd definitley be interested. but at the same time this would make alot of our tougher mission alot easier and our easy mission just way to simple and therefore we'll need some serious revisions to most missions to keep the difficulty level up for our Ace pilots.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sorry guys - we've been using mavericks the wrong way

            I get around 6.5 with the D's on the default zoom - don't really need to zoom in too much but that seems to be the limit of the TV display. That may be changable in one of the config file LOD lines. It's the visibility that is the deciding factor - if you can't see them it's hard to lock them.

            As for missions I've already started. All units on the battlefield from now on fall under 'random' on skill level which means there's only a 25% chance of them being average and a 75% chance of them being 'good' or better. AI planes I set the level at. Until patch 1.02 comes out average seems about right.
            Jex.

            Comment

            Connect

            Collapse

            TeamSpeak 3 Server

            Collapse

            Advertisement

            Collapse

            Twitter Feed

            Collapse

            Working...
            X