Silent Hunter 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hunter 3

AFAIK it's a U-Boat sim and it looks really cool, does anybody know anything else about it???

Re: Silent Hunter 3

It is an amazing game/simulation. Played it non-stop for weeks. I can provide more feedback if you specify what you want to know.

Comment

Everything you can....now i dont wanna stress you out but a post like what magnum does would be amazing.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Like magnum does? Huh? Please explain??

Comment

Well, here is a humble start.
          • Great graphics, sea/wave modelling and submarine models. Unlike many other simulations, you have animated crew members at submarine stations and this alone is an excellent, long-due addition. A visual treat...

• Good camera options, ability to hide GUI (cinematic feeling/movie making)

• I downloaded dozens of 1940s era records (several people posted them on SHIII forums), including the radio stations. Immersion doubles with all these and I am still listening them. Your gramophone will be your best friend in cold, long Atlantic nights.

• Puts you in mood to watch and read about WWII submarine warfare (lots of books, documentaries and movies available. Das Boot is the most popular one. After watching/reading them, you want to play more and find yourself in a vicious circle which may result in career/marriage loss. I saved myself last minute :)

• Dynamic campaign. A big plus.

• I spent 2-3 weeks playing my first mission ! Without any time acceleration. I was reading books, listening to era music and studying torpedo launch calculations when things were calm.

• Active and dedicated community support. I havent been following the mod scene for a while, I am sure lots of tools/mods/missions released by now.

• Adjustable realism. You may prefer to do everything yourself or leave it to AI crew. It is quite a challenge to make those torpedo calculations but it is extremely rewarding when you sink a ship like that.

• There are very few games out there which could pull me inside the dark pages of WWII history the way SHIII did. It will take its proud place among other classics for sure.

Comment

Man! I ahve to get this game!! If only I had a computer that could run it :(

Comment

I always wanted to try this game. Might have to go buy it now.

Comment

I think wal-mart has it for $20!

Comment

I supportall the praise it has received here. I impulse purchased it ages ago and spent a fortnight immersed in it. At one point the room was festooned with abandoned graph paper and old mathematical instruments i used at school while trying to work out calculations for torpedo paths. I even ended up eating meals in front of the screen so i could change the watch at the optimum time.

It has the added advantage that if you just want the computer to take care of everything you can 1024X speed through all the travelling and get stuck into the first convoy you sight. As a simulation though it is superb. Just be prepared to emerge from the house weeks later with a huge brian blessed beard, deep red pits for eyes and whistling "tipperary".

Where is that disk.....
                  Last edited by JimmyTwoHand; 08-21-2006, 08:46 PM. Reason: grammatical pedancy

Comment

I loved SH3, just never had time to play it much...

Silent Hunter 4 announced, and video:

Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Q&A - First Details - PC News at GameSpot
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I also vouch for the game. I played the heck out of that game for a couple of weeks. Very well done title.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X