Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me with something please ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me with something please ?

Hi guys

I have been playing lock for a little while and I have only used the Su-27 campaign so far.

The main problem I have is with the missiles !!

Can someone explain to me WHY when the missile's range is 110 Km it will not lock on until it is only 30-35 km away from the target ??

and it is the same with all missiles, so what ever range missile you choose , the radar will only lock on 30 Km max... it is ridiculous especially when the radar will pick up targets up to 128 Km away ... not to mention the real Su-27 radar which picks up targets at 300Km !!!

So if someone could explain please !!!!

thank you

Flanker C

Re: Can someone help me with something please ?

Hi Flanker and welcome to Tactical Gamer.

I'll look into some info for you but remember there are certain factors that have to be met before the missile can launch. Also the game is buggy and the second patch is due out soon that will hopefully resolve a lot of the missile issues.

I don't fly the 27 but I'll have a look for you and get back to you if I can find some details over the next few days.

We host a lock on server here but with no dedicated server support for the game (yet) it means it can only be up when an admin is around. Saying that we do have some good games. We fly Coop A10 and F15 missions. If you want to join us sometime just grab teamspeak (www.teamspeak.org) and join the TS server (info on home page or along the top here).

We also host many more games too which you'll see in the team speak list.

Hope to see you soon,
    Jex.

Comment

We host a lock on server here but with no dedicated server support for the game (yet) it means it can only be up when an admin is around
      Oh damn... did not realize there was no dedi-server support for this...

I'm (holds fingers close together) this close to buying it too...

hmmm

Comment

Rumour is that it is only a day or two away Fr1--IL-2 FB (AEP?) and LOMAC are both supposed to share a server here at TG. Until then, there are plenty of volunteers that will gladly host games.

Comment

Hey Fri grab both or either if the server isn't functional many of us are more than willing to host the game up with sufficent speed and playability....we've had many great nights this way:) Server should be good to go soon but will require and admin to play shouldn't be too hard to find one of us for some good flying and/lessons

Comment

We have enough admins now that getting a game shouldn't be too hard. Also as has been said, hosting our own games works well too.
            Jex.

Comment

yes extremely soon we will have a server that allows us to play lomac or il2 fb and at Tactical Gamers high speed connection.

every game will need one of the handsome admins that are around tg....

he he DudeMan Flight Sim Admin...

see you in my cross hairs.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I've got LOMAC installed and have been messing around...

Where is everyone??

I'd like to get some "stick time" <-- cool termm, huh ;-) with you guys on comms.

Any patches ect.. I need to download, or missions??

Comment

There's just one patch to download and you can get it from the Lock On website.

I think some are going to fly tomorrow so keep on a lookout.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm looking to have some lock on play, IL2, RvS and Vietcong (with Fist Alpha expansion) starting this Thursday night through to sunday night late. I'm also looking at making a Lock On movie sometime soon.

If you go over to the lock on site (www.lock-on.com), click into the forums and go to the movie forum you'll be able to download some movies. A lot use the DivX codec which you should be able to get for free. I really do recommend downloading some as they are top quality films with some shots making you think it's actually real footage they're using.
                    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                      I'm looking to have some lock on play, IL2, RvS and Vietcong (with Fist Alpha expansion) starting this Thursday night through to sunday night late. I'm also looking at making a Lock On movie sometime soon.

If you go over to the lock on site (www.lock-on.com), click into the forums and go to the movie forum you'll be able to download some movies. A lot use the DivX codec which you should be able to get for free. I really do recommend downloading some as they are top quality films with some shots making you think it's actually real footage they're using.

Jex will be foregoing sleep this weekend--now might a good time to bombard him with questions ranging from the meaning of life to PC gaming.... :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by LOWDRAG
                        I've got LOMAC installed and have been messing around...

Where is everyone??

I'd like to get some "stick time" <-- cool termm, huh ;-) with you guys on comms.

Any patches ect.. I need to download, or missions??
                        I highly recommend the LoMan application which is an add-on manager for skins, sound mods, etc.

Otherwise biohazard has a lot of good SP missions for you to practice on. The FBP (Fast Battle Planner) is also easy to use. One of the first missions I did was a bunch of slow defenseless enemies flying a long loop so I could practice targeting and locking on.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                          There's just one patch to download and you can get it from the Lock On website.

I think some are going to fly tomorrow so keep on a lookout.

1.01 is that patch I'm downloading off the site now, correct??

Comment

there's only one available right now. ver. 1.01. The next patch will be out soon hopefully.
                            New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X