Orbiter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbiter

A second post! Yes, when I'm not shooting stuff in Battlefield I love simulators.

Any Orbiter fans?

For those who don't know, Orbiter is an orbital simulator. It contains a simple flight simulator for those times when you've just got to be in a gravity well, but for the most part it's Planes In Spaaaaacccceeee!! :D

Have fun with all your favorite orbits and manoevers: hoffman transfers, slingshots, aerobraking. I haven't tried any exotic Lyapunov orbits yet, but I'm sure they work too. The spacecraft have instruments to help with the orbital mechanics, but it appeals to the math geek in me to do the calculations on paper (or, well, matlab). Plus the practice is useful if you like flying very fast, big planes in X-Plane (like the NASP) and accidentally orbit yourself.

Re: Orbiter

I tried playing it once, but was very confused. Maybe you should set up a training night or something because I'd love to learn how to use this sim!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Re: Orbiter

That sounds good, it does have a very steep learning curve. I can go over the basics of space flight and how to fly in Orbiter with anybody who wants to give it a shot.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X