A-10 ADI problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-10 ADI problems?

Either I'm missing something or the A-10's ADI has something funky going on?

The indicated altitude marker to the left of the ADI never moves, and the bank marker along the bottom of the ADI is always set to 30 degrees left. Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

My main concern is navigating to the required altitude. How do you do this in the A-10 using the ADI or HUD?

Gracias!

Re: A-10 ADI problems?

In normal flight only the pitch ladder and turn and slip function as you would expect. Once you enter navigation mode under ILS all indicators are active for landing. I'm not sure if that is the way it should be or not. I did a quick search on UBI and didn't find any posts at all concerning A-10 ADI. :icon23:

As far as the indicated altitude marker on the left, I believe that is actually Angle of Attack which did not move under any settings for me. But there is an indicator on the hud during ILS approaches.

To tell you the truth, I only use instruments when I've been hit and my HUD is not functioning, or if I am zoomed all the way out for tight turns then I can glance at the Attitude indicator. Other than that I use the HUD. For climbing I use the pitch ladder on the HUD most frequently, and then I watch the compass heading to stay on path.
    New to TG?

Comment

Altitude on the A-10 is shown on the right side of the HUD, I think. It has a digital readout so you know the exact altitude. The instrument display should work as well but I never use it.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. :) I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, though. I'm talking about a pre-programmed altitude. E.g. the path takes you on a heading of 180 for 20 at angels 8, then 240 for 10 at angels 14. The Soviet instruments will indicate your relationship to the desired altitude during regular flight, not just ILS landings. I haven't figured out how to see this in the American jets.

Thanks again!

Comment

There is no altitude for waypoints on US craft. If you're using the comms for landing vectors then don't - they never seem to be right for me - they always say 8,000 even when I'm over the base!

Normally pilots would have a knee pad detailing mission information (such as heights, wp's, etc) and would refer to this. You may have to refer to the mission briefing for altitudes.
          Jex.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Right, the Russian jets are much more user friendly in that respect. No such luck in the American jets.
              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X