Stupid logitech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid logitech

My joystick works great for left, up, and down, but the roll right, she don't work so hot. :(

So help a brother out. I've read that the Saitek X45 starts having problems pretty fast for a lot of people. Have they resolved their problems or should I get the CH thingy and save up for a throttle?

Re: Stupid logitech

Jex and a few others here have the X45 and seem to like it. Although, Jex has been saying that his rudder drifts a bit. I have the Saitek 3D Cyborg and the rudder doesn't center perfectly. It's a good thing Lock-On has deadzone settings. Saitek does have good support from what I've seen. Somebody broke his trigger on his Cyborg and got a replacement, no questions asked. Keep in mind if you ever need to RMA the stick, you might have to send it to the UK.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Damn ShadowRIP, that worked like a champ for a few minutes! Had my hopes up.

No it seems to work fine cold, but after just a minute or two of use, the roll right starts getting very sluggish. I can duplicate in the control panel's calibration window.

Thanks for trying. On the other hand, I can still make my case for an upgrade. ;)

Comment

The only prob I have with the X45 is that it can get sticky (the actual stick). This isn't a problem for dogfighting where you usually aggressive on the handling, it is when you're more trying to make minute adjustments and it can get sticky.

However there are plenty of work arounds, Silicon grease seems to be the product to use and is easy to apply to the stick.

Other than that the stick works great. It's so nice to have practically all functions on the JS/Throttle and it was cheap compared to the cougar.
        Jex.

Comment

Well I finally got the x45 and am still tweaking things. Right now, going from the logitech extreme 3d joystick to this is like hopping out of Mom's 1984 buick station wagon into Dad's new Porche. Everything is very tight and responsive. For some reason, the throttle producted MUCH more acceleration. In every way, "flying" these planes feels more like flying a fighter than before.

I had a problem with rudder drift at first, but that was actually b/c of the in-game axis setting and easily resolved.

Now, will the joystick last more than 2 months before fritzing? Stay tuned to this bat channel to see!

Comment

Where are you playing Leejo, Hyperlobby?
            New to TG?

Comment

Nah just SP these days. I'm still mapping this thing 'n stuff. But I'd love to play somewhere sometime!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X