Jumpgate Evolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumpgate Evolution

Has anyone given any thought to JGE? I remember playing JG and loving it. It seems JGE is will have some semblance of Newtonian Physics. Anyone else interested?
    Ronin Geek
    11th Airborne
    "Helping your revive score since 2008"

Re: Jumpgate Evolution

Looks like this one is getting closer to release. I signed up for the the beta but with my luck, or lack thereof, it won't happen.
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon

Comment

Yeah I signed up for the beta as well. I'm looking forward to it. Hasn't been a good space sim out since Freelancer and I'm sure that didn't satisfy the hardcore space sim crowd.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by RoninGeek View Post
        Has anyone given any thought to JGE? I remember playing JG and loving it. It seems JGE is will have some semblance of Newtonian Physics. Anyone else interested?
        I played the original JG as well but have pretty much given up hope for JGE. Instanced PvP and Arenas, you ship getting poped is just a free trip back to the station with cargo intact and flying with Newtonian physics is optional.

Right now it looks like another watered down easy mode game.
        Large Scale Urban Renewal Technican-Retired
        sigpic

Comment

So it's basically WoW in space?

I'd be happy with a strict SP game with good graphics, decent story, and TONS of places to explore.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
            So it's basically WoW in space?

I'd be happy with a strict SP game with good graphics, decent story, and TONS of places to explore.
            No, it's more like a Freelancer-esk game than WoW in space. (Why does everything pair WoW with something as a comparison?)

I'm still waiting for more in-depth video and info on the multiplayer aspect of the game. Being a space-sim lover and big-time fan of FL, this is probably the closest successor to the Freelancer title since the cancelled Freelancer 2.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Instanced PvP and Arenas...
              Not all the PvP is instanced. There are instances for people who want arena type combat but there are also PvP systems. I believe NetDevil said the ratio of PvP to PvE systems is about 50-50. And you can flag yourself for PvP anywhere including PvE systems. At least that's what I've read.
              Last edited by Ironsight; 08-08-2009, 07:19 PM.
              We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X