Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for co-op sim games

Hi,

I'm looking into simulation games that feature 2p co-op prominently.

In terms of tank sims, which one is the best? The main name that's coming up is Steel Beasts.

What about a heli sim? Comanche 4? Any other ones?

What's a good co-op naval surface sim?

Thanks!

Re: Looking for co-op sim games

There's always IL2..... ;)

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by Llyranor View Post
      Hi,

I'm looking into simulation games that feature 2p co-op prominently.

In terms of tank sims, which one is the best? The main name that's coming up is Steel Beasts.

What about a heli sim? Comanche 4? Any other ones?

What's a good co-op naval surface sim?

Thanks!
      if you want super realistic heli sim then you can't go wrong with Black Shark but be prepared for lots of reading and tutorials.
      sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
      let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

Yeah you can do co-op missions in Black Shark, but it's quite a task to fly the damn thing.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
          Yeah you can do co-op missions in Black Shark, but it's quite a task to fly the damn thing.
          it is hard in the beginning but go to their website and check all producers videos and their forums. Youtube has ton of videos.
          sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

Comment

I'm getting better at it. I can at least take off now without flipping over/losing control and crashing.

What I REALLY need is about a day to sit down and sort out my joystick profile and print out a key for it so I don't have to keep alt-tabbing out to look at what button does what.

I'm rather proud of myself. I made an (almost complete) successful training flight. Had to quit out when I starting pounding keys to release weapons and all of a sudden lost all controls even with my joystick. But I took off, hovered and did a nice buzz through a town close to the airfield at 15 meters.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

SB Pro PE is the best tank game for co-op because you can play up to 4 players in one tank (the loader would be boring thou), or each person control a tank or two in a platoon, or even company level... you can jump in and out of vehicles, work side by side up to 8 players, or let the AI do everything you don't want.

BlackShark would be the best modern Helo sim, (but Longbow 2 is still the greatest with GREAT co-op), in BS you can work as a flight, send targets to each other, engage targets marked by your wingman and so on.

JMO
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                SB Pro PE is the best tank game for co-op because you can play up to 4 players in one tank (the loader would be boring thou), or each person control a tank or two in a platoon, or even company level... you can jump in and out of vehicles, work side by side up to 8 players, or let the AI do everything you don't want.

BlackShark would be the best modern Helo sim, (but Longbow 2 is still the greatest with GREAT co-op), in BS you can work as a flight, send targets to each other, engage targets marked by your wingman and so on.

JMO
                I was check SB Pro PE, i'm sorry man but the graphics and the mechanics are not the greatest.
                sigpic

Comment

oh you want crysis then, or some other action game... I thought you wanted a SIM...
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                    Lol you should see the vid that is in the 15th EF Team Speak Channel, one of the funniest Black Shark Tutorials you'll ever see:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQqllUGbOt8[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                      oh you want crysis then, or some other action game... I thought you wanted a SIM...
                      sorry, i haven't properly explained but for $125 i would except good graphics and game physics. Why this game is very expensive? what is so special about this game to justify the $125!

is Longbow 2 has a dynamic camping? does it have start up procedure like BS?
                      sigpic

Comment

Another helo sim I can recommend is the Enemy Engaged series, EE: Apache vs. Havoc and Comanche vs. Alligator (1) with the community patch.
                        Graphics-wise it shows its age, but it is still a solid game with fully dinamic campaigns and all the things people like in helo sims. :p
                        You can easily buy both games for around 10$ (total) online, if you know where to look.
                        Here's the link to the community where you can read about the game and the c. patch: http://www.eechcentral.com/
                        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Another milsim that can be played in coop is Dangerous Waters: it supports 6 different platforms (Los Angeles (Improved), Akula II, Seawolf, Oliver Hazard Perry, Mh60 Seahawk and P3 Orion) and you can have multiple players man the various stations on the same vessel, or even have multiple vessels with multiple players manning them.
                          You can find this game on Steam for 15€.
                          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

DCS BlackShark, Dangerous Waters, and SB Pro. Be warned though all of those games have a steep learning curve, especially Dangerous Waters. Although after reading your other post I doubt you'll like Dangerous Waters, it's an older game with dated graphics.

As far as SB Pro goes, it's a training simulation built for various Army's that's also sold to civilian consumers. The graphics are actually pretty decent I think, keep in mind that there are various versions of the game, the newer of which having improved graphics. So make sure you’re looking at the up to date versions, which may make a difference. But, these types of games aren’t about the graphics, it’s purely about providing the most realistic tactical experience possible. If SB Pro is good enough for the US Army, then I think it may be hard for us to scrutinize, the realism at least. What problem with the physics are you referring to?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X