Lock On Missions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock On Missions

I want to start making some lock on missions in the same vein that Alpha Squad made GR missions. This will be hosted by me, will hold 6 players and will probably span over 4 missions. If anyone is interested in taking part, let me know. If we can get two teams, we can have a little competition.

I'll make this as open as possible with regards to sides. So if you want to fly a Su-33 rather than an F15, I'll just add whatever planes you want into the mission. This will use standard lock on installs (sorry, no loman, etc).

The missions will be flown with full realism (no labels, outside views, etc), and the enemy will be set to elite skill level. They will need a mix of Air cover and ground attack, though you will be in charge of what to take up.

If you require any help/training in tactics or weapons use, let me know and we will go through some things.
    Jex.

Re: Lock On Missions

I'm definitely in! I haven't played LOMAC in a long time so I'm itching for some flight time. I'm a little wary of the no labels but I'll be ok in an F15. The A-10 will be a little weirder. I don't know how to identify ground targets in that thing.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'd love to try out your missions Jex. F-15 or A-10.
      New to TG?

Comment

Basically practice is the key and like real pilots, finding an APC in the woods is going to be hard work, and that's where the teamwork comes in. I recently joined the Crimean Airwar Campaign over at lockonskins.co.uk. Our first mission was to bomb a fuel dump from 20k using CCRP. I had never done this before and so one of the guys emailed me a practice track and I decided to give it a go. I had to zoom in all the way to see the target but after a couple of practices, I could get it everytime - so the main obstacle is picking out the objects.

Now in your briefing, the main units will probably show on the map. It is in the briefing stage that you need to switch to satellite view in order to find reference points to find the target. Once you know the basic area, you can then work on pinpointing the target.

Using your threat diplays, your eyes and your wingmen, you should be able to work out a winning startegy.

For A-A engagements, you'll need to work on some AA tactics. Labels shouldn't make a lot of difference here as they don't show anyway until you're 10nm's apart (by that time if you haven't engaged, you're probably about to die).

As with anything you need to know your weapon systems. The more you understand about your aircraft, the enemy aircraft, your weapons and the enemies weapons, etc, the more chance you'll have of winning.

If you need help on anything, I'll be happy to go through anything you're not sure of.
        Jex.

Comment

I'd love to try this too. Getting time online is tough though so I'll probably miss out :(

Comment

Well you can practice offline and try and make yourself available for the mission when it comes along. I'll post up the dates for the first one, which will be a while away yet so you'll have plenty of notice :)
            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              Well you can practice offline and try and make yourself available for the mission when it comes along. I'll post up the dates for the first one, which will be a while away yet so you'll have plenty of notice :)
              yeah ill give it a go... damn man hitting that thing will be harder... it will probably have to be a cluster bomb droped over it... i dont thing the guided missiles will hit through the trees.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

an inverted dive with rockets or a guided missile would do it but if you want to save em, bombs would be helpful.
                Inimicus Inimico

Comment

Just picked up LOMAC.....what happened with this?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X