Pacific Fighters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Fighters

I just bought this game. After enjoying the IL-2 games i jumped on this one.

I am looking for anyone else who is interested in playing. :)

Shogun

Re: Pacific Fighters

I play PF. is it just PF? If so we can't play. I have a merged install of IL2, AE, and PF. They have to be the same. HOwever, jump in Hyperlobby. There are games going all the time..

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by JBRanger
      I play PF. is it just PF? If so we can't play. I have a merged install of IL2, AE, and PF. They have to be the same. HOwever, jump in Hyperlobby. There are games going all the time..
      Yeah, ditto. I have the merged too and usually just go to hyperlobby after TGers go beddybye. There's a few folks around here that have it.
      New to TG?

Comment

Hey Squid, I fly with 13th Squadron. I'm not official yet but there has been a discussion of me joining them. They don't allow just anyone to join but I have been flying with them over 6 months now! They're a great group.

Comment

Could you give me a link to this Hyperlobby thing? Is it a safe program. I am always careful with 3rd party programs.

Comment

Here's the web site for the developer. You can find the links there and other helpful stuff. As far as it being safe, I've never had a problem with it, and thousands of people use it every day. There has been some talk about the developer being very strict on his use policies and I've heard of more than a few people being permanently banned from the system.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/
            New to TG?

Comment

for PF theres only ever 1 server, am i doing sometihng wrong or is it still to "new"?

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun
                for PF theres only ever 1 server, am i doing sometihng wrong or is it still to "new"?
                I think most people have the merged version of the IL2:FB series. The gold edition(IL2:FB and AEP) is $29 at Amazon. Although I don't really know why, because all they ever do is dogfight. I guess it's cool to have more planes to choose from.
                New to TG?

Comment

Right I only have the First IL-2 and PF now.... I need more practice flying anyway, to often do i go into a turn to try to catch up with my enemy and my plane flames out and goes into a flat spin. lol :) So there I am spinning uncontrollably, firing my guns randomly spraying bullets 360 degrees :P Good fun

Comment

Originally posted by JBRanger
                    Hey Squid, I fly with 13th Squadron. I'm not official yet but there has been a discussion of me joining them. They don't allow just anyone to join but I have been flying with them over 6 months now! They're a great group.
                    It would be good to fly with a consistent group of folks, but I don't think I have the time for it personally. Do you guys have a server on HL?
                    New to TG?

Comment

No, we don't have our own server. We just get on HL in the Teamroom. We all ahve the merged install as well. It is good to play with a group just as we do here on TG. It adds so much to all games.

Comment

I now have all 27 versions of IL-2 including PF, as well as the 15 gigs of patches :P.
                        I'm all ready to play with you guys can't wait JB we should hook up sometime soon, maybe do a little coop or dogfight :)

Comment

Making your own missions for PF/IL2 is a fun way to do it also.

There are a few mission building walkthrus on the net, one of the better ones I can link you to:Airwarfare.com

They have walkthru's or guides for everything you can think of.
                          "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

There is a mission builder??!!

Comment

Yup there's also a load of missions and campaigns available for DL. However, the IL2 series "dedicated" server works only in dogfight mode, so there is no chance of a COOP server unless you VNC into the box.

As for stalling watch you airspeed and don't turn as quick (pull too many G's). You need to maintain your energy (either airspeed OR height advantage) and you must know your opponent's aircrafts abilities (is he a turning plane or a Boom and Zoom plane?) Unfortunately, you have entered into an area that requires considerable knowledge to be good at it. I suggest you look on the web for ACM (Air combat manouvers) and see what you find (there's loads of stuff). Start reading it, a lot won't make sense at first but the more you fly, the more you'll understand.

There's not much point going into detail here, because it would be a book lol, but if you want to hook up at all online, I'm sure we can go through some basic flight manouvers. Let me know if you do, because I only have PF stand alone installed and I will have to install and patch all my il2 stuff. :)
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X