Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wings Over Israel?

Do any of you play this game?

The graphics may not be all that impressive and the sounds and interface are mediocre at best. Yet, Wings Over Israel uniquely blends realistic terrain and scenarios with a variety of variably complex fighter and attack aeroplanes in a multitude of interesting roles from suppression of enemy air defenses, to combat air patrols to armed reconnaissance and even anti-shipping missions. Although, some might complain that compared to titles like Lock On: Modern Air Combat the systems simulation is less thorough, perhaps, one of Lock On's major deficiencies was attempting to control contemporary avionics through a single keyboard resulting in an absurd number of complex key combinations simply to be considered combat competent (let alone effective).

However, Wings Over Israel does not suffer from the same ungainly bulkiness; The 'F' key operates the flaps, 'S' the speedbrakes and 'G' the landing gear. This is not to assert that Wings Over Israel is an arcade game or even a 'soft simulation'. In fact, an astounding number of modern systems are offered from multi-mode radars to working cockpit instrumentation, anti-radiation missiles and even electronic countermeasures. This novel meshing of complex contemporary aircraft with just the right amount of simulation to ensure playability with a simple joystick and keyboard make Wings Over Israel enjoyable whether the user wishes to insert themselves into a five minute dogfight with Migs or if they want to launch a full scale hour long strike mission into Syrian territory and return to home base unharmed.

So, if anyone has the game, perhaps, we could link up on the online mode?

Re: Wings Over Israel?

Decent game. Too bad you can't takeoff. :-\ I'll stick to IL2. Thanks anyway.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Too bad you can't takeoff
      I haven't had any trouble taking off, unless you're referring to not being able to use a joystick or something. However, my Cyborg Evo worked flawlessly without any setup (Which is more than I can say for LOMAC).

Comment

Interesting... I never picked up this game but I thought about it a while back. I do have LOMAC but the
        absurd number of complex key combinations
        never won any points with me especially since I insist on having the appropriate languages displayed and I know nothing of Cyrillic or Russian. Makes it that much harder. Right now the only modern combat sim I have installed is F4:Allied Force. Most everything can be done by mouse in there even if the graphics are now crap (although excellent by, say, 1999 standards).
        BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I'm sorry. I played Wings Over Vietnam. In it, you just start mid flight. Other than that, it was great. Ground objects look only slightly worse than IL-2. Plane models look fairly good. Controls are easy enough. I'm just so used to guns only on the WW2 planes for dogfighting. You mean I've got to learn radar now!?!?! :) Just kidding. I don't think I'll get it as I barely have time for IL-2.

Comment

Fair enough,
            Although where you start is dictated by a setting under options on the main screen, you can either set it to near target, mid-air or on runway (which is the most desirable option).

Anyways, I've got the flight sim bug a bit, so maybe I'll catch up with you guys in IL2 since everyone seems to like it.

Comment

You would be more than welcome, Sam! We've got a good group of gents flying on Thursdays.
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Yea, come on out Sam.

Also thanks for the input on how to take off. I will check it out.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've recently been playing wings over Israel (as a jew it's a must ;) )
                  but unfortunately there's no way you can search for servers...

Do any of you guys know the IP and Port of some good server

tnx
                  -A single death is a tragedy, a million death is a statistic-Stalin-

Comment

Welcome to TG Sammeke33. I don't play the game myself but I'm sure Sam H or someone will give you what you need. Check us out for other titles too. TG is the best place on the net for a mature gamer.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks bro, i surely will...
                      -A single death is a tragedy, a million death is a statistic-Stalin-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X