Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Anyone doing/playing this besides me? It just started in Beta. It's pretty decent IMO, kinda arcadey ATM, but then I haven't played a Mechwarrior game since MW2.

It's a total conversion to Crysis. So far i've had a lot of good games, and a damn lot of crashing (seems very unstable on a lot of rigs, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFeE8mIlxQ

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: Mechwarrior: Living Legends

I grabbed the torrent, but haven't had Crysis installed in forever. I'll get around to it.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I'm playing it and 3 of my friends bought the Crysis Maximum edition from the steam sale today ($13 bucks for those of you who want Crysis/Warhead/Wars).

They're busy grabbing the MW:LL torrent :)

Comment

So how do you guys like it so far? Besides the buggyness and general Crysis small-unit lag.

DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Wait, Living Legend is now an open beta? Oh boy, I have to download it. I haven't played anything Battletech-related in a long while.
          Since you guys are playing/have played it, how is the combined arms simulated? And can you grab onto a mech and rip the pilot out of the cockpit while using an Elemental powered armor? :D
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I quite like MWLL so far, apart from the confusing weapon names (so many variations!) and the bugs. I'd never played a Mechwarrior game before so it's all new to me, but I'm having fun. Aircraft are a real pain to fly, VTOLs seem to need to be pointed at the ground to go anywhere and Aeros are so fast it's impossible to track a target.

@Merula - You can't pull someone out of a Mech, but you can jetpack on top of the cockpit and use a beam laser to slowly destroy it. Apparently (no promises here), they are planning on adding more abilities for BattleArmours in the full release, hopefully involving the huge claw they have on one arm.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
              @Merula - You can't pull someone out of a Mech, but you can jetpack on top of the cockpit and use a beam laser to slowly destroy it. Apparently (no promises here), they are planning on adding more abilities for BattleArmours in the full release, hopefully involving the huge claw they have on one arm.
              That would be cool. In the boardgame Elementals are pretty dangerous, being capable of climbing on an enemy mech and blasting it in the weak points while the pilot is usually unable to fight back. So far in the various videogame adaptation Elemental were at most an annoyance and at worst a flying target, so it's nice to see that the MWLL guys are trying to make them useful again :D
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
                That would be cool. In the boardgame Elementals are pretty dangerous, being capable of climbing on an enemy mech and blasting it in the weak points while the pilot is usually unable to fight back. So far in the various videogame adaptation Elemental were at most an annoyance and at worst a flying target, so it's nice to see that the MWLL guys are trying to make them useful again :D
                Elementals are pretty damn dangerous depending on your mech type and what they've decided to outfit themselves with. The current loadout for Elemental/Longinus armor is an SRM2 launcher and a small beam laser, but you can drop the laser and pick and choose between a handheld AC/2, a "bear autocannon" which is a minigun (crap damage to mechs and armor but decent for taking out other powered infantry) a manpack PPC, a handheld flamer, and a handheld TAG laser. They can also carry NARC pods, inferno grenades, and C8 charges. You can mix and match between two handheld weapons and load up on charge types.

They DONT show up on your radar unless you have a Beagle or a Bloodhound Probe, and even then you have to be standing right on them, and since lasers don't do front-loaded damage (a laser has to stay on target for the entire beam/pulse length to do full damage, instead of just graze a surface like in MW3-4) they take some doing to kill, all the while jumping and crawling all over you.

While you can't neurojack or rip the guy out of the cockpit you can damage the head/cockpit by standing on them and shooting at it and they can't retaliate much, and if thier cockpit is damaged enough just dropping a C8 on them can kill the pilot inside.

Another advantage is thier armor/health regenerates over time so if you don't take care of them they can run off and hide and come back later at full strength.

Comment

For those that are still downloading the mod (like me) or want to have some more info about the game before d/l it, here are two gameplay videos that explain how the game works:

-How to Play the Mechwarrior: Living Legends Beta (Part 1)
                  -How to Play the Mechwarrior: Living Legends Beta (Part 2)

@Bisclaveret: thanks for the extra info on how the Clan suits operate. I gather you've played the boardgame in addition to the videogames? :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Some, a long time before WizKids and Classic Battletech. I've been wanting to get in on some MegaMek action for a long while, but then, I haven't used MegaMek or played tabletop in forever.

MegaMek is a Java program that emulates BT/CBT boardgames, and is pretty sweet.

Comment

Well, I managed to play a few rounds and it is fun. Gameplay is realtively easy to understand, although I'll need to learn how to tweak the joystick settings, because atm piloting anything that flies with a mouse is pretty hard. Graphical effects are gorgeous to look at (then again, it IS the CryEngine, after all :p ), PPCs in particular.
                      It is also nice to see that vehicles, while still vulnerable, are not the moving targets I remembered them to be from all the previous videogames.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah this is an awesome mod...destroying/damaging or assisting gets you cash to buy bigger mechs during the round... more people play this mod than regular crysis...convinced yet?

Comment

I've been playing a lot of the MWLL. It is a very very good mod that could probably have been a stand alone game. I love piloting tanks as mech pilots tend to ignore you if another mech is around. I've gotten a lot of kills by just sitting still and firing at other mechs that are busy attacking my allies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jetheren View Post
                            I've been playing a lot of the MWLL. It is a very very good mod that could probably have been a stand alone game. I love piloting tanks as mech pilots tend to ignore you if another mech is around. I've gotten a lot of kills by just sitting still and firing at other mechs that are busy attacking my allies.
                            It's even better when you have a team that cooperates with one or two designated spotters, possibly one in Battlearmor and TAG laser. Few things are more satisfying than watching a flight of 80 or so LRMs impacting a target you just tagged with a NARC beacon, possibly hitting it in the back while it is busy tracking your 'mech. :D
                            sigpic

Comment

Sadly the game can be a bit laggy on my computer, especially after the patch. I hope their next patch will fix some of that. At the same time though, MWLL is in the earliest form of Beta possible, I'm just glad they have something we can play. Also, Timberwolf for the win! I also can't wait for them to split the mechs between Inner Sphere and Clan. That will be cool.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X