Learning to Fly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to Fly

Wow. Just the tutorial missions have me wondering what I got myself into! There is alot to remember, between takeoff, landing, avionics, and basic aircraft movement, before you even get to combat.

It will be days before I even get into a combat mission.

I know you guys are bored of this game, but for $10, I sure got my money's worth!

Re: Learning to Fly

I'm not really bored of it yet. Being new to flight sims, Lock-On still has that special feeling for me. I've only really gotten used to the A10 and a bit of the F15 then once or twice in some of the Russian aircraft.

I really do feel spoiled after Falcon though. Lock-On seems so much easier.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Hey Mat,

I'd be more than happy to take you up for an O flight. I have a lot of training missions that allow you to test out all the weapons so you can get comfortable, and also be able to go through some basic tactics as well. If you're interested let me know and we'll schedule a flight.

If anyone else is interested, come along as it is a lot more fun when we have a few guys flying out together.

I suggest starting with the Hog (A10) first as it's the easier of the two. There'sa huge difference between air-air and air-ground fighting. A-G gives you all the time in the world to practice getting your weapons delivered. A-A on the other hand is trickier because you have to be able to use the radar in conjunction with your weapons and the closure attitudes are all different.
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
        Hey Mat,

I'd be more than happy to take you up for an O flight. I have a lot of training missions that allow you to test out all the weapons so you can get comfortable, and also be able to go through some basic tactics as well. If you're interested let me know and we'll schedule a flight.

If anyone else is interested, come along as it is a lot more fun when we have a few guys flying out together.

I suggest starting with the Hog (A10) first as it's the easier of the two. There'sa huge difference between air-air and air-ground fighting. A-G gives you all the time in the world to practice getting your weapons delivered. A-A on the other hand is trickier because you have to be able to use the radar in conjunction with your weapons and the closure attitudes are all different.
        Ok, that sounds good Jex, let's set that up. Too bad I'm out most of the weekend....next week some time?

Comment

Yeah I'm not around much this w/end either. During the week is fine but i'm in the UK so I go to bed at 7pm EST, if u can be around before hand then great, if not next w/end perhaps.
          Jex.

Comment

Here's a nice video that shows the 6 basic maneuvers needed to know for basic fighter combat, if interested...

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/...0Maneuvers.avi
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X