Lock On Platinum Announced...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock On Platinum Announced...

I know flight sims aren't overly popular anymore, but i like them...lol, anyway, Lock On Platinum has been announced, and even if you don't do sims, check out the video trailer... SWEET.

Lock On Platinum

Over the past several months, several of you have asked why we cannot do a box product of Lock On and Flaming Cliffs 2 together in a single package. The speed bump has been that we do not own the intellectual property (IP) rights to Lock On; Ubisoft does. After several months of negotiations though, we have secured the license rights to release such a retail product in the U.S. We did not want to bring this up earlier in case the plan fell through.

This project has also been delayed because we want to integrate the Flaming Cliffs 2 patch into the DVD version of FC2 that will be included in the box package. This is particularly important because we want to resolve installer issues. As most of you have read, this patch is in final testing.

Once the patched FC2 code is complete, we can send it and the other publishing assets to our distributor for duplication and retail distribution. The time from sending final assets to LOP being on store shelves is about two months (typical packaging creation, duplication, and distribution time frame). As such, LOP should be available in early July of 2010. We'll do a press release on the ship date that will include a list of retailers and the purchase price.

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Lock On Platinum Announced...

I enjoy FC2 like no other. This is great to be able to actually get a hard copy of it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Anyone know if this has the realism like Falcon 4.0 (or other similar games.)

Personally not into that much realism in a modern day flight sim, but enjoy more realism than games such as HAWX and Ace combat. So, realistic battles (not 1v50,) ammo (not 500 missiles), but not needing to micromanage every single system. Best example I can think of is the Jet Fighter series (from what i can remember from way back when).

Comment

Originally posted by Hellswaters View Post
        Anyone know if this has the realism like Falcon 4.0 (or other similar games.)

Personally not into that much realism in a modern day flight sim, but enjoy more realism than games such as HAWX and Ace combat. So, realistic battles (not 1v50,) ammo (not 500 missiles), but not needing to micromanage every single system. Best example I can think of is the Jet Fighter series (from what i can remember from way back when).
        How DARE you compare the Ace Combat series with HAWX? :icon_bigg
        Seriously tthough, the Lock On series is well known for being very realistic in general. One of the few un-realistic things I can remeber reading about was in one of the previous games where apparently some AA missiles did not have proximity fuzes like they should. Other than that, if it is like DCS: Black Shark, it is a very realistic simulation with the ability to customize the gameplay experience to allow a more arcade-y style of play, if you want.
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
          How DARE you compare the Ace Combat series with HAWX? :icon_bigg
          Seriously tthough, the Lock On series is well known for being very realistic in general. One of the few un-realistic things I can remeber reading about was in one of the previous games where apparently some AA missiles did not have proximity fuzes like they should. Other than that, if it is like DCS: Black Shark, it is a very realistic simulation with the ability to customize the gameplay experience to allow a more arcade-y style of play, if you want.
          Alright thanks for the info. Guessing I will end up giving it a try though. Thanks a lot

Comment

It really is a great series. The graphics are really good, and the flight models are just superb. I enjoy flying my F-15 every chance I get. Once you try it you will be hooked ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Damm that looks good, always wanted a flight sim but never had a computer to run it :d guess i should start looking for a joystick :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extre...dp/B00009OY9U/ is great on the cheaper end of the scale. Have had it for a while, and it works really really well though I guess a Saitek X52 would be better (but cost more than twice the price..).

Comment

I would say that FC2 (Lock On) is a simulation, it is NOT anything like HAWX, but it also is not as hardcore as Blackshark, close but not so hard.

BTW, both FC2 and Blackshark have patches out now that let them work/play together... so in MP, you can have some flying the F-15 as CAP, some flying the A-10 for ground pounding, and some flying the Blackshark either as support or as the enemy, along with all the other Russian aircraft... they all play together.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X