Lock On activity level?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock On activity level?

I saw the sticky with the active roster of being only 5... how often do you guys play? what type of missions/planes do you normally fly? is it more co-op style or dogfighting?
    and finally...do you fly the add-on... (Flaming Cliffs)?

thx for your time... oh, and anyone planning on getting the new Falcon re-make?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Lock On activity level?

a follow up..
    http://www.lead-pursuit.com/

if anyone here at TG is into flight sims, I'd like to meet up with you guys...

Love co-op missions especially in the A10 and F15...

Just reaching out to this community that I have just became a part of.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Hey Magnum :)_

Lock on isn't really played here anymore. We did have a followign for it but as you play Falcon, you'll know what I mean when I say no DC, no longevity. We got bored of making missions.

As for Allied Force, I'm currently testing it at present and will then write a review to be posted here at TG for anyone interested. I know Mateo here has shown an interest and I expect (hope?) more will follow.

As for Lock On - I have flaming cliffs. Old missions seem to work with the new add-on but for maximum compatibility, I would suggest playing only missions made from FC (assuming you have it of course).

If not then I'd be happy to do some coop missions (generally all we fly is coop). One thing of course is finding missions to play.

Of course if you want to do some AF, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for some.
      Jex.

Comment

I really enjoyed LoMac, but after a fresh format and with some other good games taking my time I'm not sure I'll reinstall it.
        New to TG?

Comment

Get Allied Force instead - it's 1000 times better :)
          Jex.

Comment

"Get Allied Force instead - it's 1000 times better"

Come on now... I got F4 AF yesterday and have been testing... it is a great sim, and the most detailed sim... but 1000 times better then Lock On? I don't think so! ;)

anyway, I got them both so I'll be joining any flight action that occurs here at TG.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

The water in lomac is 247 times better.

The gameplay in AF is 836 times better.

Comment

I like that AF is guaranteed to run smoothly on my aging hardware. I still like LOMAC and would definitely play it if others had interest.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

There's no doubt that Lock on flies better, but without new missions, it's a dead horse. Falcon on the other hand has missions galour, plus the added ability to plan your mission, recon the target, adjust waypoints, etc. There's real involvement from the start and it makes for a great MP experience.

If we could somehow merge the two games together, we'd have the perfect sim :)
                  Jex.

Comment

Have any of you heard of 'Hyperlobby' it can be found at Hyperfighter.sk and Lockon.ru for the majority of the communitys discussion .
                    IMO Falcon is a bit of a non event online its tailored for single play and lacks a lot of what Lomac has to offer in respect of multiplayer Air combat.

Comment

Wow, old post.

There's an active F4:AF community here at TG, even though the ded server is gone.
                      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

ya old post... back when I first joined, lol...

I still have F4AF but never got into it... more difficult then I thought, and never had the time to dedicate to learning it.

Now waiting for the next add-on to Lock On, Black Shark, a combat helo add-on that looks incredible, hope it plays as good as the old classic, and IMO great sim ever made... Longbow 2.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
                          Have any of you heard of 'Hyperlobby' it can be found at Hyperfighter.sk and Lockon.ru for the majority of the communitys discussion .
                          IMO Falcon is a bit of a non event online its tailored for single play and lacks a lot of what Lomac has to offer in respect of multiplayer Air combat.
                          Yeah, our dedicated server is gone, but I have to disagree with your opinion here. The flights we had in a dynamic campaign fighting an evolving, adaptive enemy were some of the best online experiences I've ever had. Lomac can't match that type of immersion IMO.
                          New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            Now waiting for the next add-on to Lock On, Black Shark, a combat helo add-on that looks incredible, hope it plays as good as the old classic, and IMO great sim ever made... Longbow 2.
                            Now that sounds interesting!
                            Pavehawk
                            Any Time, Any Place

Comment

I play LOMAC occasionally and am waiting for Black Shark, but all the endorsement for Allied Force has got me interested.

You only play Co-op?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...