Barbarian Invasion FAQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Invasion FAQ

For all those that don't know Barbarian Invasion is the expansion pack to Rome Total War.

Barbarian FAQ
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Barbarian Invasion FAQ

I've been playing Rome: Total War and i like it alot. Have yet to get BI till i learn more on the standard version.

Very fun game though.

- -

Comment

I also have been playing RTW. I have had some marathon sessions lasting several hours.. "One more turn..." :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

lol tempus, i stayed up till 2 am last night conquering rome. That brought a world hurt down on me though, which i seem to be lasting pretty well.

- -

Comment

Barbarian Invasion is not so different from standerd Rome but it is different. On the borderline between different and very different. The AI is better, new factions, new units, new skins for said units, and the map is smaller in the sense that there are less settlements. Those are the cosmetic differences the main difference is that the game is harder now especially as the Western Empire. I tried as the western empire the first time around and had to quit. The game has a new feature where barbarian nations don't dy right away. If a barbarian nation loses its last settlement they enter horde mode. Where they walk around are just about 3-4 large armies (depends) and then move around to find a new settlement to conquer. That combined with how weak the western empire is was too much for me to deal with until I get more familiar with the game. You get very little money at the start most of the cities in the Western Empire are in the red so amassing enough armies (I say you would need about two to three full stacks and 2 more half strength armies to protect your borders form the barbarians.) ANother major problem is the Roman army isn't as strong as i used to be. While the units you get are good they have nothing on standerd Rome's chainmail and lorica segmentata legionaries.

Some more of the additions are night battles where generals with the skill to have night battles can start them giving you an advantage if your general can fight in the dark. Light infatry and certain cavalry units can now swim accross rivers. Finnally another change is you can buy generals at cavalry stables and generals now have a loyality rating. If the rating on your general is low he may ake his army and turn on you. Cities are more likely to rebell and certain factions only appear in the game based on if certain conditions are right. For example the factions I am aware of that arrive based on certain conditions are Western/Eastern Empire rebels.

Either way the best way to describe Barbarain Invasion is well a new game. Its similiar in presentation and basic gameplay but its different enough that it could be its own game.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Just bought this today. I am about to finish RTW, and this will continue that nicely. The improved AI is great news.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

So, who is playing this?

I've started a campaign as the Wester Romans (the most difficult one) on Hard/Hard, and man, it IS hard!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                I've been playing Rome: Total War and i like it alot. Have yet to get BI till i learn more on the standard version.

Very fun game though.
                They are different, don't get to used to Rome cos in BI spears actually can beat cavalry now! Most factions are quite balanced, no longer is it whoever has the best cavalry wins.

Vandal_MarcusP look for me online
                www.vandalhorde.tk for my clans website/forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                  So, who is playing this?

I've started a campaign as the Wester Romans (the most difficult one) on Hard/Hard, and man, it IS hard!!
                  How is that campaign going? Do you even get money at that difficulty level?
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I started out with 1000 denari, and was at -4000 after 1 round. 5 cities have revolted and kicked me out so far, and my largest army turned traitor.

It's tough...

Comment

I feel so bad for u tempus and I thought I had it rough in Gihren's Greed.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I am finishing my Julii campaign, 20 years after the civil war the Scipii and Brutii have really worn down my military machine. I am holding on to my lands but it is very tough.
                        I picked up BI but am focusing on winning RTW before I start playing BI.

I got hung up on RTR for a long time, I found it was much better than vanilla RTW. It was really hard to go back to the original game after playing Rome Total Realism, that mod is superbly done. It looks better and the different units lend a whole new feeling to the game. I would definitly recomend this mod to anyone who plays Total War.

Anyone got screenshots of their empire/battles? I would love to see them.

Comment

I'm currently playing through Seleuclid in R:TW vanilla (same game... :P ), though I found that a really devastating, sneaky, possibly unrealistic, and possible backfiring plan when you are in a stalemate with other factions is to build up a freak army or two in some safe cities, build up a really awesome fleet, and then sending your armie(s) to take out your enemie's undefended assets, preferably ports, and preferably big. This does multiple things: it cuts down your enemie's cashflow. Not only are you cutting out a city from their revenue, as well as a potential port, but you are affecting other ports, and the roads passing through the province to another. The enemy is also forced to either split it's attacking forces into multiple directions, or to take twice as long to build up forces suitable for invasion.

Another killing tactic is to build dozens of highest tier ships, put them at least in groups of 2 or 3, and have them blockade every single enemy port, and then send some clean up fleets to ferret out any enemy ships at sea.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X