FTL: Faster Than Light - space strategy gem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTL: Faster Than Light - space strategy gem

Seems like a real fun (kickstarted) strategy gem.

I bought it off their site http://www.ftlgame.com/ for US$ 9.-. You get a Steam code and/or DRM free download for Win/Mac/Linux.

Basically you are in command of a space ship and need to escape the enemy fleet by jumping from one sector to the next.
    Evey sector holds a different surprise: fight, merchant, people in distress and so on. You then can decide what to do: fight, flee, help, trade, ...

You can upgrade your ship by spending scrap you find along the way. Weapon systems, energy, shields, engine and so on. You also need to keep your crew alive and healthy (O2 helps a lot, so does the med station) because they can man different systems and fight intruders that beam aboard!

Really hard little game but I enjoyed my first few hours in and will put a lot more into it.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: FTL: Faster Than Light - space strategy gem

Here is a video preview for you guys :)

former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Really tempted to get this. Moving away in a few weeks and a decent internet connection is not guaranteed, so some meaty offline games could be just the ticket. Am I right in thinking that this is the first major gaming Kickstarter to deliver?
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I think the last issue of PC Gamer may have had an article on this. Looks great!

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I've played 30mins of it...bit of a learning curve but I am having fun

Comment

Oh my goodness, it's great. I lost my entire crew earlier to enemy boarders. I moved them away from the intruders, locked the doors, and flushed the air from the rooms where the enemies were. It didn't kill all of them, and an enemy missile set my engines on fire, so I had to send some crewmembers out to fight the enemy/put out the fires/repair the life support system (so we could get air again). I slowly watched my plan fall apart, as one by one my valiant crew succumbed to the flames, or asphyxiation, or enemy blasters. My pilot, the last to fall, went down in a blaze of glory as the Mantis invaders choked to death in front of him. He put out the fire, repaired the O2 generator, and finally died within metres of the Med-Bay, as this track reached its climax (at 3:15).

It was the most amazing thing.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

This game is pretty sweet. I beat it on easy in my 3rd play through (first time using engi ship). I must have been lucky with events and stores, because it seemed really easy relative to my earlier attempts.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

I've been having fun with this even though I've had really bad luck with missions. I haven't even made it to the 5th sector yet.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X