civ 4 gold. review, and Q.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ 4 gold. review, and Q.

I know the Civ games aren't really TG style of game but asking anyway...

Loved Civ 2 but wasn't too pleased with Civ 3... Civ 4 has gone gold and is getting great reviews...

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/620/620513/vids_1.html

Anyone planning on getting it besides me, has a whole new multiplayer level... peer to per, e-mail, ect ect

only thing I'm trying to find out is if there will be already made scenarios? I don't really like starting from the beginning of time, but in Civ 2 they had scenarios like WW2, WW1, Neapolitan wars ect ect... hoping Civ 4 has pre-made scenarios also. Anyone know?

http://planetcivilization.gamespy.com/
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: civ 4 gold. review, and Q.

I'm interested in this game but I'm not sure when I'll pick it up. As far as scenarios, I'd be surprised if they didn't include a few and if not there will always be user made scenarios down the road.

Comment

Yup I'm looking forward to this as well. I pre-ordered with my local EB and they'll give me a call when it arrives. I'd love to give multiplayer a try although I have to admit I'm more of a casual player when it comes to the Civ series so you guys will have to take it easy with me =}

Sucks that the US version is on 2 Cd's while the Euros get 1 DVD grrrrrr!

Comment

I'm sure I will have to pick this up...

Comment

My wife is begging me not to get this, but I think I'm going to have to give in to the addiction...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I never really got into playing Civ 3 (don't think I got past getting spearmen), but one or two of my mates got really addicted to it. But all those little numbers about attack, defence and so forth tend to turn me off games like this and RTSes. But I guess I could give it a try, especially with multiplayer. What did you guys think of Civ 3, was it fun for you?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
              I never really got into playing Civ 3, but one or two of my mates got really addicted to it. But all those little numbers about attack, defence and so forth tend to turn me off games like this and RTSes. But I guess I could give it a try, especially with multiplayer. What did you guys think of Civ 3, was it fun for you?
              I skipped Civ3. Civ2 was great, though!

The little numbers quickly become a simple reference to the strengths of units.

There's definitely more thinking involved in this type of game than there is in any of the games that TG hosts right now...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Hmmm, I like the sound of that. If a lot of TG guys pick it up, I'll probably do the same. Otherwise, I might save my money for Armed Assault, whenever that sucker's released.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Oh hell yes, I'm picking this up. I've played every version, even the offshoot Call to Power (blech), and of course Alpha Centauri. I'd be remiss to skip this one, especially since the review(s) paint a much improved game. :icon_bigg

Comment

I am getting this. ALready have it preordered. ALright we need to set up some MP games.

Also guys the game has a built in clock now with alarm feature. (I wonder why.)
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Ya, i'll soon be going off the wagon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed