• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA To Release New C&C Compilation

Over on Neowin:

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?i...ategory=gamers

That's all 12 C&C titles, $40

Re: EA To Release New C&C Compilation

no way...i would so be up for some RA2 online...or something....the best strategy game for its time.....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      no way...i would so be up for some RA2 online...or something....the best strategy game for its time.....
      I'd be down for some of that. The only stinker in the whole batch was Renegade, and even that could be redeemed with a mod.

This will be a release day purchase, I think.....

Comment

sweet. i too think i might make the purchase for that price, even though i own some of those titles already. speaking of the old "westwood" days, did anyone here ever play Dune 2?? i still mumble some of the catch phrases from that one...like "wormsign", or the harkonnen "YOU HAVE FAILED YOUR MISSION!!!". good stuff. oh, and in any RTS game with big tanks, i still call them Devastators no matter what their actual names are.

man, i think the entire game was 2.4 Megs or something. hahahaha...

Comment

I'm surprised EA would release this because it shows how quickly they ruined such a good franchise.

Comment

i agree that renagade was bad...it was good for single player but the multiplayer was horrible....yah this game was made by a great franchise WestWood...what ever happend to them
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

i agree that renagade was bad...it was good for single player but the multiplayer was horrible....yah this game was made by a great franchise WestWood...what ever happend to them
              Bought by EA, slowly dismantled until all that was left was the IP.

Comment

I will not purchase anything from EA for the sins they have committed against the gaming world.

Westwood was my so special, such a same.

- -

Comment

Wow your an odd one trooper. Most people I know feel the opposite. Also the only bad C&C game is Generals. I hope they make another one but if Generals is a sign of things to come let Eugen Systems/Petrogylph studios carry on the spirit of C&C.

Also guys there is a plan for a C&C mod for Half Life 2 and a Red Alert mod for Battlefield 2.

Eugen Systems maked Act of War which was what Generals should have been and Petroglyph is working on the next C&C game. Petro is made up mostly of old Westwood employees and there next game is Star Wars Empire at War.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                  "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I didn't think Generals was bad. It's the only one I CURRENTLY own, at that. But it's not like I play it.. at all... ever.

I'll be picking this up, even as much as I hate EA.

Challenge everything. If you do we'll buy you.

Comment

Really I liked Generals, didn't quite have the charm of RA2 but I loved itheads and tails above Tiberian Sun...

Az
                      [age-c1][command]

Comment

Generals was great, but it's even better with the zero hour add-on. TS would have been better if they included an editor.

Looking forward to empire at war.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          I will not purchase anything from EA for the sins they have committed against the gaming world.

Westwood was my so special, such a same.
                          :(

I loved CNC, I own the original cnc, Tiberan sun + Fire Storm, RA2 + Yuris revenge, Renegade, and Generals + Zero Hour

They were all good, but I was dissapointed with renegade and generals.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                          [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                          [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

I own every game in that list already, and still have them sitting next to my PC. Nothing beats the original CNC and RA. Been so long since we've had good storylines in RTS's like that. Now it's just voice-over rehashes of "Some dude is trying to take over the world, go stop him!"
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                              Also guys there is a plan for a C&C mod for Half Life 2 and a Red Alert mod for Battlefield 2.
                              I was just thinking about how awesome a Red Alert 2 mod for BF2 would be (I haven't played the original Red Alert). The chronosphere would be the perfect replacement for arty. Instead of blowing up enemies you could drop them in the ocean, or you could sneak in half your team into the enemy base instantly. Crazy Ivans, Chrono Legionares(sp?), Kirov Airships, that would be so awesome. It would probablly be imposible to implement mind control though. I guess there wouldn't be many of Yuri's units. The gattling tank and magnatron could still be done though.
                              AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X