Has any one tryed Darwinia yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any one tryed Darwinia yet?

i got the demo this game is strange. im still trying to figure out how to play this. Any 1 of u guys played it yet?

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Re: Has any one tryed Darwinia yet?

I could DL the demo and give it a try. What's it about anyway?

---

Comment

I tried it, but it ends up being fairly repetitive. It'd make a good screensaver, but mediocre game.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

steel check it out. it got 90% in pc gamer seems theres alot of good things to be said about it.

http://www.darwinia.co.uk/

Delta MICS

Comment

I obtained it through less than honest means and enjoyed the game quite a bit. Its not a challenging game, but some parts can be very time consuming.

Im pretty sure the demo cant be downloaded from Darwinia webpage because of the Steam integration, but fileplanet has it:
          http://www.fileplanet.com/149587/140.../Darwinia-Demo

One thing to note, the default control interface is not the best. An update to the game introduced a better interface, unfortunately the demo uses the old one.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
            I obtained it through less than honest means and enjoyed the game quite a bit. Its not a challenging game, but some parts can be very time consuming.
            Ditto!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

It's a pretty good game. If you're looking for something different, try it out. It's similar to an RTS but concentrates on small groups. I guess it's kind of like a puzzle game where you have specific objectives to do for each "map". The commands are simple point and click with mouse gestures for special actions.

If you liked Uplink, you'll like what Introversion has done with Darwinia.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I downloaded the demo a while back when I was lookin at Uplink again. Very different. I might look into it again.
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I played the demo. It was pretty fun, but it had lots of waiting/time consuming parts. Not sure if I want to spend money on a game that's going to waste my time.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                    I played the demo. It was pretty fun, but it had lots of waiting/time consuming parts. Not sure if I want to spend money on a game that's going to waste my time.
                    Good thing you don't talk to my wife. She says all games are a waste of time. :icon19:

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                      I obtained it through less than honest means

ok i dont have the demo :)

Delta MICS

Comment

JESUS lord mary and joseph! I love that demo :D It's so fun, and yet so cute! The only thing is that I wish there were little boats or carriers or something to transport troops. But it's just so FUN to throw squads at the baddies! I mean, nothing seems to cost anything! Its like a sandbox of cute destruction!

Comment

That clinches it... I'm not trying a "cute" game...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

By cute I mean that dieing things emit high pitched gurgly sounds. Idle Darwinians often randomly jump into the air or do a backflip. Darwinians working a "raw polygon" mine kinda slow dance in place. Watching engineers lead a trail of "souls" back to an incubator to make more little Darwinians.

And then there's the utter carnage as you have squads calling in airstikes, lobbing grenades, and firing rockets into a mass of viri, centipedes, spiders, and floatin' things, watching smoldering bits of sprite and polygon fly through the air as your squads are simply overrun by the sporadic arrow-lines of death, and your engineers desperately flee, little bits of them being chipped and bitten off by the pursuing enemies. Sending a wave of armed darwinians, little more than green spritish stick figures shooting blue lasers. And watching a massive hulk a centipede just stampede right through the middle, seeing a spider leap through the air and land on a helpess little Darwinian.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it could be described as a "cute" game. It's got that Tron feel too it. There definitely is a lot of action with destroying enemies with various methods.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X