So who has Empire at War?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who has Empire at War?

I picked up a copy on Thursday and I am looking to see if we can get a game going.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: So who has Empire at War?

I'm thinking of getting it. Parts of it from the demo were frustrating, like the battles, and parts of it were awesome, like the battles.

Comment

I have mine on reserve at sam goody, and will have it probably tomarrow (live out in the middle of nowhere, takes awhile for freight to get out here)
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

^^^^^I am surpised that Sam Goody sells PC games actually.

Also Karkianman download a mod for the demo if you get a chance.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

They do because we lack any other electronics store. There is no best buy, media play, gamestop, etc. etc. within 100 miles of us. Their next biggest competition is the wall-mart electronics section =P
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

^^^LOL. I am suprised at the support for this game tohugh. Game has already been patched twice. (I wish some other companies would learn from that.)
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Anywho, got a call about 10 minutes ago from SG, so I should have my copy within the hour. As for the support, it surprises me not, as it is the only major release for petroglyph currently (thus, they ahve lots of people sitting around to do support)

Comment

^^^True. I wonder what they are planning for the expansion. (From what I am hearing game has been selling out in alot of places.) I could use a Clone Wars expansion. I could also use a Warlords mod for it. (HW2 Star Wars mod every space combat viechel in the star wars universe from the clone wars to the new jedi order.)
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

The easiest and most likely expansion would be clone wars. The next would be post Empire Strikes Back, using the extended universe info from the books (which they did some of for the current game)

Comment

As a Star Wars nut they did get some of the names mixed up. For example the VIctory in the game is actually the Victory 2. (God I am such a nerd.)
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yes, yes you are =P.

Anywho, played through the single player rebellion game last night, going to play through the single player empire game today. If you want to get a game going, I'll be on and around probably all day, so just IM me.

Comment

^^^^Alright. Hopefully it doesn't crash like last time.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I downloaded and installed a mod, but when I run the .exe, I get an error saying binkw32.dll was not found. Is there any way you could send me the offending file? My connection is too slow to download the mod and demo again :P

Comment

oh, you just installed some of the files from the mod into the wrong directory.
                            look in your folder for the .dll file, and that's where the swmod launcher needs to go. Had the same exact problem.

Also floating around Teamspeak if anybody wants to get a game going.

Comment

Ah, just figured it out! Anyway, I'm getting seriously turned off this game. The ground battles are just horrid, and I can't really dig the real time management, though maybe it gets better and more interesting when you have several planets, are getting attacked, and build your way up to tech 3 stuff from tech 1.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X