Act of war: High Treason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act of war: High Treason

It's available now for direct download from "Direct2Drive" for $39.99. Has anyone ever used this service? It's not available in stores until may. I'm not sure how I feel about this service, anyone have any experience?

Re: Act of war: High Treason

Magnum has used it several times, and likes the service, as I recall. I have yet to take the plunge myself, but after installing 3 games with 11 discs, you can bet I will soon.

Comment

as cheap as DVD players are now adays, im surprised they still release games on CDs...

ive been looking at this service, maybe we can get his feel for it
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Downloading now.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I use direct2drive for games that I want to play, but feel they may not be worth keeping forever... If theres a game I know I will love like SWAT, I'll buy the in store version just to have a hard copy... but games that I will only play through once, twice, or maybe three times...my lady...oh sorry...

I buy from direct2drive, like FEAR... fear is a great game, but once I played through it once I was done... I knew because of the demo, Lockdown may suck, so I bought that digital version just to play it for the review, if I would of been wrong and it was great, would of then bought a hard copy...

It's a pretty good idea to have broadband to use that service... with my cable it usually takes about 2 hours to download a game that is around 4 to 5 gigs, then you simply extract the file and double click the set up, it installs same as a CD version...

It should be noted that you can't download a game then install it on more then one computer, usually... it only allows an install on one computer, so if you install it, then get a new PC, you have to e-mail them and ask for it to be re-activated for a new PC.

Good luck.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I just got my copy of Act of war from D2D. Not that bad of a service however Steam is better. Cheaper prices and you can load the game on as many computers as you want. Took about an hour to get the whole expansion.

I am loving it. I don't know what to play more though Harvest Moon or AOW.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Thanks everyone. I just finished installing it, and had no problems. The only thing that stinks is the 1 computer limitation. Pretty painless though. Thanks again. Back to the single player, i think i miss the campy live action scenes!

Comment

RGM, do you have AOW: Direct Action installed still? I cannot seem to find if you need the original to play High Treason. I want to get rid of that 6gb if I don't need it.

Comment

^^^^I have the DA installed but it looks like it might be stand alone. I don't see anything mentioned about needing the orginal at D2D.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yes, I just learned it's stand alone expansion.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

wooow gotta get this one... i was wondering why people on Atari forums talk about the full game, i thought it was beta.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

^^^^Also its out in the EU so they may have imported it.

Let me know when you get it so we can get some games in. I promise I will pry myself off of Harvest Moon.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

GM_Custom aren't ya like on the top of the ladder? I saw a TG tag on the top of the ladder... Can't remember who... In that case I am terrified by you.

I played single player to death and tried MP couple of times but everytime I get my butt whooped.

NOTE: Forums say HT is not a stand alone... You do need DA to play. I have not installed it myself yet... Can't wait... All the butterflies.

Comment

yeah i played him in the demo and he Pwnd me....like grab the ankles pwnd
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

^^^^I am not that good. I am alright could be better.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X