Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Command and Conquer

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_r....php?aid=16227

Set in the tiberium universe. I was really hoping for another in the Red Alert setting. Reading the scans of the article at http://www.apathbeyond.com/forum/ind...ic=8310&st=165
    I really didn't get that excited. If it wasn't command and conquer, I probably wouldn't keep an eye on it.

Using the same basic engine as Generals, it will sure look dated if it comes out late 2007, with games like Company of Heroes coming out this summer!

Re: New Command and Conquer

I question if it will be any good. I didn't enjoy generals as much as the previous C&C games. Hell I think the C&C name was just to get the game to sell.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I saw this yesterday when I was compiling the News, and wasn't sure if I wanted to include it. There are a bunch of scans floating around, but when I checked the cover, instead of having a link to PCGamer's official website, there was a link to GameRadar.com.

The thing I like to hear is that EA apparently wants to revivie the franchise (after running it into the ground), but until I see something solid about the title, it's another box o'meh.

Comment

I'll buy it if it has those campy cinematics ;)

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
        |TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Ahh, the campy FMV's :) I'll buy it if it has Tanya!

Comment

We want more KANE! More Kane shooting subordinates in the side of the head...

Az
            [age-c1][command]

Comment

It will be using live action movies. No idea of Kane is making a return. (Refering to the actual actor. Kane the character will be in it.)
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Never played any of the C&C games, but seen most of them. I think it looks pretty cool.

Comment

I really liked RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, but I've never played any other C&C games. From what I've heard about Generals, it isn't worth buying. I'm not all that interested in this new game either. I haven't played a RTS that I liked since RA2 and AOEII.

BTW, Chrono Ivans are the best. BOOM!
                  Last edited by millipede777; 04-21-2006, 02:34 PM.
                  AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

The complete collection sets up back $40, and requires around 10gb of space. The whole thing has been updated to XP as well, so no futzing with win95 compatibility for the first C&C. I've been picking it up and putting it back on the shelf for about 4 weeks now, remembering how great C&C and RA were, and wondering if I have time for the whole series.

Probably not.

Comment

I have the First Decade, my only complaint is its missing Sole Survivor, back on topic -
                      Generals sucked, and EA is going to be using its engine for this.

Good-bye CNC, we knew ye well.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                      [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                      [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                        The complete collection sets up back $40, and requires around 10gb of space. The whole thing has been updated to XP as well, so no futzing with win95 compatibility for the first C&C. I've been picking it up and putting it back on the shelf for about 4 weeks now, remembering how great C&C and RA were, and wondering if I have time for the whole series.
                        I heard it wasn't updated at all. You still have to get it to run yourself.

Comment

Looking forward to the new CNC...I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Generals- particularly zero hour.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X