Company of Heroes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of Heroes

This one looks good and like no RTS I have ever played.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ml?sid=6148522

Game play video

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_...97&tab=related
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Company of Heroes

Wow... that looks so much like Soldiers: Heroes of World War II that you could have convinced me it was the sequel and that someone had pasted "Company of Heroes" on the front. Oh well. The gameplay doesn't look like anything special either; move to enemy position, right click on enemy position, wait for cutscene to come and save you.

Comment

This is loads of fun FYI. ;)
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Extremly hard, I did some 1 v 1 with bots, they were running around, sending vehicles through my territory, just to distract me while they sent tanks in to crush my foward barracks.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
        [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
        [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

I had the best game of COH ever. It was 2v2 against two expert AIs. So much tougher then the new players I have been dealing with lately.

They where everywhere we still managed to win though.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Im dissapointed.

I was doing a 1 v 1, as the Allied team. I choose the infantry company, at the end of the right side of the Infantry Company upgrades, you can allow your engis to build 105mm Howitzers, which can bombard the enemys HQ safe from harm. 8 of those hitting the enemys base = GG.

I hope they get Nerfed, terribly, they break the game, because the enemy couldn't do anything but watch his base get bombarded every 45 seconds or so.

Reminds me of the Infinate Super Weapons spam on CNC Generals. Ugh.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
            [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
            [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

^^^^I hated that so much in generals.

That being said I have no problem with the game arty. I have yet to see anyone build one of those howitzers. I was building one yesterday during that expert AI game but the game was already ending.

My advice to all the TGers stop playing annihaltion. This game is all about Victory Point gameplay.

Anyone up for a game? I work from 11pm-7am this week so I can get a game or two in during the morning/afternoon.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

If you had enough to build 8 howitzers, the person you were playing deserves to lose badly. Those are expensive and if they aren't constantly harassing you and making you spend or give up resources, then they had already lost. I don't think the howitzers need a nerf at all. I've never given an allied player a chance to even build one.

[[My advice to all the TGers stop playing annihaltion. This game is all about Victory Point gameplay.]]

Agreed, I don't play Annihilation.
                It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I'm liking this game, and yet I have no idea what is going on. I'm not skilled at RTS's the last one I played alot was warcraft III, and Rome:total war. Graphics are pretty good for and RTS, and its nice that you can zoom in that far.

Comment

This is the first RTS that has really grabbed me - everything about this screams "BUY ME NOW".

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                    |TG-2nd|munchkin
                    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

^^^I just find myself agreeing with the PCGUK review. It calls COH the closest a RTS has come to perfection and the only game that is even close it DOW 40k and that was made by Relic.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

The preview I read says this game draws heavily from DoW. That's a good thing =)
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Yeah, it's a whole lot like Dawn of War. The big differences are the supply line thing and the unit balance.

Comment

I dont think I have played a more intense RTS game yet. Sure it gets pretty rough fighting off hordes of troops in RTW with a small force but this game just brings it all the time. If you havent already, I recommend downloading the demo, even if you already have the beta. The demo lets you play in skirmish mode as either side and you have the full tech trees available so you can play around wiht the different strategies.

I just finished playing a round on EASY for 3 hours and was in a stalemate with each side holding half the CPs. The was so much fighting around the middle CPs that there is an actual no man's land where there is nothing but rumble, burning wrecks and craters. There is no where to hide and neither side has enough resources to make a move and survive a counterattack. Terrific game, and I am definitely purchasing it on the 14th.

Comment

The scope of the destruction on the battlefield has to be seen to be believed. I was holding a CP at the centre of a town, with maybe 8 - 10 buildings nearby, including a cafe replete with chairs and tables, a graveyard and a few cars scattered here and there. As the action progressed, buildings began to fall apart under fire, exposing my troops inside. Tanks rolled through walls, over sandbags and barbed wire. Artillery and mortars levelled everything else, leaving only craters which my riflemen huddled together in.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                              |TG-2nd|munchkin
                              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse