Empire at War expands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire at War expands

Following the success of Star Wars: Empire at War, the best-selling PC game of Q1 2006, LucasArts announces an expansion pack titled Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. A widely appealing strategy game, Empire at War let gamers play the light side or the dark side in an epic Galactic Civil War. Now, for the first time ever, Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption introduces a unique point of view – the corrupt side.

The Rebels have just destroyed the Death Star, and the galaxy is in turmoil. As an aspiring Underworld figure named Tyber Zann, spread corruption throughout the galaxy using new strategic gameplay elements to influence other factions, steal their funds, slow their production, spy on them and more, all en route to becoming the most notorious criminal leader since Jabba the Hutt. Exciting new land-tactical options like customizable, upgradeable bases and guerilla warfare allow for innovative battlefield tactics. Take command of and confront new fighting units for all factions (Rebel B-wings, Imperial TIE interceptors, Darth Vader’s Executor Super Star Destroyer and more), and take down anyone who stands in your way of ruling the Underworld, be they new battlefield heroes like Luke Skywalker and Yoda or the forces of your most bitter rival – Jabba. Destroy capital ships with the awesome firepower of the second Death Star, and satiate Tyber’s drive for the deadliest capital ship in the galaxy, a devastatingly powerful Super Star Destroyer known as the Eclipse.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Empire at War expands

I wasn't a huge fan of Empire at War. They had the entire Star Wars universe to draw upon and instead they created a bunch of generic tanks and hovercraft. Smooth. Now they're adding "Tyber Zann" when they have plenty of criminals to choose from as it is (Xizor and Black Sun, Talon Karrde, etc.)

Comment

I found it fun. Unbalanced as all in a bad way but fun never the less.

Most balanced games I have ever played in it were against Ninja with no heros, no starting units and about 3000 starting money.

I dunno if I iwll buy it. (Most likely.) However regular RTS games are starting to be a major turn off. (Not in a bad way I am still going to buy Rise of Legends.) Its just that well if I had to pick between C&C3, Company of Heros, World In Conflict, Warhammer Mark of Chaos, Supreme Commander, and the 40k Dark Crusade expansion set. C&C would be at the bottom of my list.

But then again EA may have something to do with that.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Gah, saw some screenshots of this. Apparently the one of the new starfighters for the 3rd side looks exactly like Xizor's Virago. Way to completely ignore the license you've got.

Comment

^^^^I think the thing that really hurts is this. On the fan forums of Petroglyph they had quotes from one of the devs. To sum it up basically he considers Rome Total War a niche game. =\

However they are listening to the community which helps. The fan forums wanted a 3rd side and some other features that are in the expansion.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

It sounds interesting atleast. Hopefully I can find someone to play it online with.

(God I am such a star wars whore.)
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...