Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe no one has started this thread! (Best unit selection responses)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe no one has started this thread! (Best unit selection responses)

Favorite unit responces. :row__523:

Special Forces here. (Ranger USA C&C Generals)

Heavy Armor ready for Action. (Crusader tank USA C&C Generals)

The Emperor's finest. (Terminators Warhammer 40k Dawn of War)

Long range ballistics. (Tomahawk launcher C&C Generals)

I didn't like the gameplay much but Generals did have some pretty cool units responces. I have plenty more to come.

I am ending with the quientessiential unit responce.

Unit Reporting. (C&C/C&C Red Alert 1)
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: I can't believe no one hasn't thought of this thread

Zug, zug.

(oh, and double negative ftl)
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've got one, but I'm not sharing it until the thread title is fixed.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        I've got one, but I'm not sharing it until the thread title is fixed.
        I hope you have a few from Starcraft. I know that I liked the flamethrower guy's quotes.

Didn't he say "Did someone ask for a light?"

Yeah, that one was good...
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Re: I can't believe no one has started this thread! (Best unit selection responses)

In C&C Generals it sounds like the Chinese are saying "China has big genitals!". I know hes saying something else, but the accent throws it off.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            Didn't he say "Did someone ask for a light?"
            Yeah, that one was good...
            It's "Need a light?"
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/tfbRdy00.wav
            He also has this thing for propane:
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/tfbPss05.wav

While not unit selection necissarily, but after repeatedly selecting you get these gems:
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/TGoPss04.wav
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/TMaPss02.wav
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/TMaPss03.wav
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/patpss02.wav
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/patpss03.wav
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/patpss04.wav
            http://home.mchsi.com/~jbenham/patpss05.wav
            And of course all of the star wars and star trek references.

If they play goofed, just play them again.
            Last edited by Spyder; 06-12-2006, 04:07 AM.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Re: I can't believe no one has started this thread! (Best unit selection responses)

Some more:

Kasrkin Squad ready for war (Kasrkin Squad Warhammer 40k expansion)

Tell the men the cavalry has arrived. (Leman Russ tank 40k expansion)

A personal favorite: There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt. (Librarian 40k Dawn of War)
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Warhamm...0:_Dawn_of_War

These are all of the unit replies from Dawn of War and the Winter Assault Expansion set. Lots of good ones take a look. (Yes I am addicted to Warhammer at this point and am barely resisting the desire to get into both 40k and Fantasy tabletop versions.)
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                  Yes! That one is great.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

this isn't really a unit response, but its worth mentioning. in starcraft use the zerg free radio code in singleplayer while playing as zerg, and it makes some downright creepy noises. I mean really creepy.

Comment

the shock troopers from red alert 2 are histarical.

Shocking!
                      Extra crispy!
                      |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                      100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

"I can see my house!" Warcraft 1
                        | | |

Comment

"All you needed was a dwarf"-Warcraft 3

Comment

"Stop poking me!" in warcraft 1 I think.

My daughter (about 3 at the time) loved clicking on the peasants and orc workers.
                            I think I heard this in WoW also.
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Rwise fwom youw Gwave!

Side note, can't believe those sound files still work.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X