Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval II (Total War) Updates

Computer and Video Games Preview

"Everything is bigger and better than Rome," says Roxburgh as he begins his presentation. "The battles have double the polygons, each troop is unique and there are numerous combat variations with thrusts, parries and fatality moves. We've also doubled the textures on the campaign map, and there are twice as many voiceovers and sound effects. We've even ensured that each nation has the correct accent."
    "Click on any faction on the map and it'll give you a voiceover that reflects how it feels towards you.
    "We've spent a lot of time improving diplomacy,"
    Avid Total War fans will be happy to know that the assassination animations - brief cut-scenes, which chart the success or failure of a professional hit - are back after their disappearance in Medieval and Rome.
    Gone are the clone armies of Rome, replaced by rows of unique soldiers, their armour acquiring blood and mud as they duel with their opponents, before visibly scanning their surroundings for their next victim.
    Dead bodies now stack up in horrific mounds - rather than the flat 2D corpses of Rome
    ...walls now crumble brick by brick, rather than in massive sections
    We've done hundreds of hours on the animation work, so that the battles feel far more realistic and fluid."

Re: Medieval II (Total War) Updates

I've been watching this game for a while. Hopefully it will finally be the one medieval RTS game that I like better than Age of Empires II... and if it's not... I'll just play Supreme Commander like crazy.
    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

It will be like rome total war, which I really liked alot, and this is looking to be a better game overall, and the updated graphics are nice.

Comment

When this is released prepare to see less of me for a while. Im really looking forward to this one as a veteran of all the previous TW titles. It looks to have the best of all the previous games although elephants with cannons seems a little silly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
          When this is released prepare to see less of me for a while. Im really looking forward to this one as a veteran of all the previous TW titles. It looks to have the best of all the previous games although elephants with cannons seems a little silly.
          Same here. I'm sure a Realism Mod team is just waiting to revamp MTW2. Im most excited about the new diplomacy AI.

Comment

Gamespot MTW2 Official Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01
              Looks great. You can see lots of new animations which makes it look like almost real.

Comment

It looks like the barren battlefields of RTW have been improved in this a lot. The new animations and the prospect of MTW diplomacy integrated into the Rome engine have really got me on the edge of the seat for this one. Im also glad to see there look like there are less towns making the battles less about sieges and more about manouvering and fighting in the field. Cant wait.

Comment

Bunch of new videos posted over at gamespot today, 6 to be exact, and some diary.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...war/media.html

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                    Bunch of new videos posted over at gamespot today, 6 to be exact, and some diary.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...war/media.html
                    Thanks undead, checking out now...

Comment

I'm looking forward to bigger battles. 3 hours it took to fight off 6,500 Alamohad (sp?) with my 2,000 english people, made all the more easy by only having 1000 on each side at any time. I think half the game was spent just watching their forces rout...

I'm sensing a few multiplayer challenges here tho :)

Comment

Sorry to hijack this, but I couldn't resist:
                        I've got a copy of RTW lying around, but one of the CDs has a large amount of sticky-tape residue on and which I can't seem to clean off and as a result the drive won't read it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                        |TG-2nd|munchkin
                        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I think those new movies they show are cool. I can't wait to get back into the big epic battles, I haven't even played rome total war in over a year now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X