Pirates! and Rise Of Legends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates! and Rise Of Legends

Anyone playing these? I saw a few references to them in the forums but nothing about how good the were/are.

Any thoughts?
    sigpic

Re: Pirates! and Rise Of Legends

Pirates! gets boring after a while, don't know too much about Rise of Legends.
    XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

My brother loves Pirates! and considers it his favorite game ever. I've lost track of how many times he's played it. It also received an Editor's Choice award (9.2/10) at Gamespot.com if you are looking for a more professional view. I personally never played it but from what I have seen while my brother played it looks very addictive and just as fun.

Comment

rise of legends sucks. It just adds those 3 races and thats all you play. Its not like the first one. Really nothing to but scrimish those 3 races and see what happens. I played it twice and got bored
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
          It just adds those 3 races and thats all you play. Its not like the first one.
          I just did the Demo and it was OK.. mind now - I haven't played an RTS since AoE.

I'll probably get Pirates! and another premium title if I can come up with one that is worth it. Downloading the Titans Quest demo now.. we'll see how that goes..
          sigpic

Comment

Rise of legends is and okay but not great RTS.

by Pirates! I assume you mean Sid Meier's Pirates! which was a hilarious little game that was good for 20 or so hours of gameplay before it started getting repetative.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
              Rise of legends is and okay but not great RTS.

by Pirates! I assume you mean Sid Meier's Pirates! which was a hilarious little game that was good for 20 or so hours of gameplay before it started getting repetative.
              Cool! That comes to $1 and hour.. :)
              sigpic

Comment

i played pirates for a while and liked it a LOT! great game -definitely worth $20!!!

Comment

So Pirates! is only $20, now? I shall consider it for a forthcoming purchase.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
                  TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
                  ||

Comment

Originally posted by ThePenguineer
                    So Pirates! is only $20, now? I shall consider it for a forthcoming purchase.
                    Yep, $20 at Bestbuy.. bought it - haven't loaded it up yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

I played a little bit of Rise Of Legends and I was disappointed that it didn't seem to have anything to offer that we haven't seen before. It also drops much of the customizability that was found in Rise Of Nations. It ends up being a Warcraft 3 clone just not quite as good.

The RTS genre has officially played itself out unless someone steps up and does something NEW with it. Where is that dedicated AI processor I've been begging for?
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

there is a MMO about pirates coming out sometime in the fall...im talking like EVE online but actual boats and water and stuff. The screens look really awesome when i find a link i will put it up
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                          there is a MMO about pirates coming out sometime in the fall...im talking like EVE online but actual boats and water and stuff. The screens look really awesome when i find a link i will put it up

Hrrrrrmmmm... I like... I liiiiike...

edit: I Like IT a lot!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Looking foward to Pirates of the burning seas too. Their is another pirate game coming out called Age of Sail or Age of Pirates. Ive seen it called both.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                              Looking foward to Pirates of the burning seas too. Their is another pirate game coming out called Age of Sail or Age of Pirates. Ive seen it called both.
                              Age of Sail II indicates it was out in April - but I've never seen or heard of it and Age of Pirates is out there too somewhere.. they both look a lot like the early screeenies of Pirates of the Burning Seas

All the same perhaps? I didn't look to deep into it. Burning Seas wins for 'best first impression'.. Hell - I'm even enjoying YAR!Radio :)
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X