Supreme Commander - 2 interviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Commander - 2 interviews

Firstly here's a good website for keeping with current updates for the game.

Here is a good text interview with Chris (the lead designer).

This second interview is crashing for me in firefox, but is working in internet explorer. I dont know if thats just me though. Found here. Its the third video down, the only one with a person in it.

In case you dont know, this game is from the creators of Total Annihilation, and you can clearly see by the way the game looks. The best part is that its going to be a strategy game as opposed to a tactics game. Huge full scale battles where the best overall strategy wins out over small scale tactics like you see in every other RTS.

TA was famous for a lot of little features that together made the game very fun. In supcom, apparently you can have 2 groups of fighters attack a point at the same point no matter how far away they are from the target or how fast they move, and you will get a timer indicating the approximate time they will attack together. Also, each base has something called a "Base commander", who will rebuild a base if its nuked, attacked, etc. That should balance out the nukes so that its not such an annoying thing to get your base back up. Itll just be an economic concern rather than a micromanaging concern.

Hopefully some TGers will pick the game up so that i can kick their butts ;)

Re: Supreme Commander - 2 interviews

Supcomuniverse.com is definietly the best place that I've found to get news about Supreme Commander. I check it pretty regularly. I'm really looking forward to this game.
    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

I will definitely pick this up when it comes out (next year sometime?). TA was one of my favorite games of all time.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
        I will definitely pick this up when it comes out (next year sometime?). TA was one of my favorite games of all time.
        Yes, the official release date is "Early 2007". Hopefully they'll get it done on time and still have a great game. It seems like every game I want to get ends up being delayed for a really long time.
        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

It seems like theyre just touching it up. Theyve had so many detailed videos sent out that the core game itself seems finished. Id be surprised if its delayed.

Comment

This will be a must buy, TA is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X