Defcon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon?

Is anyone else getting this game. It is about 10 dollars on steam right now if you preorder.

It is from the devs of Darwinia and is a simple RTS about nuclear warfare.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Defcon?

Preordered and pre-loaded. Just waiting for the clock to tick down now.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Same for me. Games are supposed to sometimes take up to 10 hours, though you can play in modes that speed up the flow of time.

Comment

Once I'm done with Uplink, I'll probably give this a look.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

I just purchased it with a pnc giftcard with just enough money on it I found in the back of one of my desk drawers. It looks like one of those games that proves "less is more". Then again, my favorite baseball game is Baseball Stars 2 on NES.

Comment

bought it last month still wating.
            :icon_eek:
            Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

Just played the tutorial and my first game. Woah. Very atmospheric.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

The atmosphere is spot on, and your resources are limited, leaving you with lots of moments of "oh ****". Unfortunately, my incoragible ping is still so high that online games are impractible.

EDIT: And while talking to Charter's customer service, my internet conveniently stabilized down to good ping, and I just got in a game. They last... long. There's an incredible atmosphere in it, from the soft background music (sometimes including a woman sobbing softly), to the distatched neon shapes, to the faint green glow of radiation from repeated hits in an area, that turns brighter and brighter as more nukes saturate it. The sight of a single nuke arcing out of your radar, and then reappearing right next to a city... the strategy is slow paced, yet you need to be constantly alert and ready to react, and you need to keep constant attention on all your details.

This game's premise actually comes through really strong. The whole experiance is really relaxing in a creepy and terrifying way.
                Last edited by Karkianman101; 09-29-2006, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I just played my first game online, and it was a really interesting experience. The games do go for a while (dependant though on what gamemode you choose) and if you squander all your nukes early there's not much to do besides move fighters and battleships around. It is indeed relaxing, and could be really interesting in the Alliance gametype.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                  Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I'd be up for setting up a game with some people here.

Comment

This is a VERY interesting game, although it's hell to get in a server. I got in a good one this afternoon and had a blast. I'd definitely like to try it with some TG'ers!
                      BF2 POE2: NC_Tarheel
                      Team Fortress 2: |TG| Tarheel

Comment

Man, I just played the demo and it was a blast. I can't imagine how crazy games would be when you got a group of "friends" together for a little game of Thermonuclear War ;)

Bargain at $15 IMO.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Yeah I'm looking into getting this. I always like to support games that are trying to do something just a little bit different. I looked at a preview in the UK PCGamer and the had good things to say about it.

Comment

The Onion's AV Club also posted a very positive review. I'm contemplating...
                            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Try the demo, man. It downloads super fast and it is, of course, free.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X