Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assassin's Creed, keep an eye on this one!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed, keep an eye on this one!!!

Official site:

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

Dev diary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM

Re: Assassin's Creed, keep an eye on this one!!!

That looks so good, Ill probably get it for the 360 because my new computer wont be able to handle the graphics.

Comment

The trailer looked sweet.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

not really a stradegy game, more of a 3rd person action game but still, the game looks sick...already preordered for the 360.

Comment

I dunno how anyone can really make judgements about the gameplay. So far all we've seen is a guy riding into town, jumping on buildings for no reason, then walking straight up to the target and killing him. This could easily be a great game, but without knowing anything more than "you kill people" and having nobody except the dev team's assurances that it's going to be good, I'll hold out for a demo, or at least some reviews.

Comment

scaling sides of buildings, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, blending in with the crowd who react dynamically to you ...these are things we know, and these are things me likes. Anything else is just gravy from my standpoint.

Comment

Game is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart.

It is being developed by the same team that developed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
              Visit All Known Facts about Assassin's Creed to learn more about the game.

I've been watching AC closely.

I am very pleased with the dev team's decision to make it a realistic game.

All targets will be real characters from the history which means some of use will be reading about them before embarking missions to integrate ourselves into the game ;)

The videos and screens look amazing; captures the 12th century middle east feeling perfectly. I always wanted to play a game taking place in those times. Medieval TW was great but it was a strategy game.

Looks like it will be also a free-roam game, excellent !. Jade Raymond (producer) says:

The player is free to roam the countryside, explore cities, and participate in side quests and missions to help the population or complete main Assassination missions. All of these objectives can be accomplished in a variety of ways and in the order that suits the player's mood
              Third Crusade (Wikipedia)

In 1187, Saladin, Sultan of Egypt, recaptured Jerusalem. Pope Gregory VIII called for a crusade, which was led by several of Europe's most important leaders: Philip II of France, Richard I of England and Frederick I, Holy Roman Emperor. Frederick drowned in Cilicia in 1190, leaving an unstable alliance between the English and the French. Philip left, in 1191, after the Crusaders had recaptured Acre from the Muslims. The Crusader army headed down the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. They defeated the Muslims near Arsuf and were in sight of Jerusalem. However, the inability of the Crusaders to thrive in the locale due to inadequate food and water resulted in an empty victory. Richard left the following year after establishing a truce with Saladin. On Richard's way home, his ship was wrecked and he ended up in Austria. In Austria, his enemy, Duke Leopold, captured him, delivered him to Frederick's son Henry VI and Richard was held for a king's ransom. By 1197, Henry felt himself ready for a Crusade, but he died in the same year of malaria.

Comment

Awww, no multiplayer. I wanted a contest to see who could assasinate the target first, or a coordinated assasination, or something like that.

Comment

still, looks like a great game, ill be savin up for this

Comment

Looks like it will be fun to play through. I always loved these types of games. It inspired me to create a quick wallpaper :D. Can't wait to give it a try.

http://s93152465.onlinehome.us/acreed2.jpg
                    Last edited by Polska; 10-01-2006, 01:07 PM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Man, that looks awesome. Yay, it says PS3 also, so i may pick a PS3 up for just that... And blueray. And other games, oh well.
                      Oyee

Comment

I thought it was kinda wierd that the menu music is almost identical to Hitman. I never would have noticed it, except that it's almost the same type of game (from the looks of it). Bad music selection, but other than that, looks pretty sweet.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                          Man, that looks awesome. Yay, it says PS3 also, so i may pick a PS3 up for just that... And blueray. And other games, oh well.
                          Aww man, for that kinda dough you could upgrade your computer and play it the way it's meant to be played :D

Comment

Have you seen the way you can walk through a crowd? If you move slowly your charater weaves in and out of people, but as you increase your speed you start bumping into others and drawing funny looks.

Comment

Yeah, it's like Grand Theft Auto except the crowd doesn't fight back or drop floating stacks of money when you kill them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X