http://www.fileplanet.com/168834/160...Total-War-Demo

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: Medieval II: Total War DEMO IS OUT

Holy Crap... It stinks in my pants...

Comment

thanks Munchkin, been waiting for this myself. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Remember that you need a processor supporting SSE2 instructions. I've read somewhere that AMD Socket A CPUs cannot run the game because of this.

If you prefer less user interface elements on screen, edit config file and disable unit arrows and unit banners...Also, there is an option for minimal UI in game options menu.

I was hoping to see a "replay" button but it is not there. I am afraid it will not be in the full version as well.

Overall, it looks and feels great. And this is just a small fraction of the full game.

Let the medieval total war begin !

Comment

Sweet! When is the release date?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            Sweet! When is the release date?
            If I am not mistaken, mid November.

Comment

I can't get this demo to run. Anyone else?

edit: nevermind

Originally posted by John CANavar
              Remember that you need a processor supporting SSE2 instructions. I've read somewhere that AMD Socket A CPUs cannot run the game because of this.
              New to TG?

Comment

Sweet jesus, I had no idea! Huzzah!
                War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

Hehe, this came out of nowhere. Certainly a wonderful occurance.

Comment

:(

I was hoping for a tutorial more like the R:TW one, where you can go a bit into campaign map. Anyway, I hope that once this comes out a Medieval 2: Total Realism mod is made.

Comment

That would be awesome, but I doubt it'll happen, as there is much less guessing or ability to take liscense with the medieval era than the ancient one. Anyhoo, the demo is awesome, I just wish I could do a bit in the campaign map, like you said, Karki. I can't wait for this game! I've been playing since I was a kid, when I got Shogun. :)
                      War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

I'm happy at how well it runs on my system. With all the new eye candy I was expecting I would have trouble running the game at my native res of 1680x1050 but I had no trouble at all. Even most of my settings can still be put on the high end. (I'm riding out my [email protected] - X850XT AGP rig until sometime after Vista drops)
                        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I must say I'm a little disappointed with the demo. The graphics do not look as good as i had previously thought they would by looking at all the screenshots of in game play. I was also hoping there would be more work done on the battlefield environment but it seems they have missed the point of this yet again. As for the game play, more battle options of controlling your troops would of been a nice touch but they have only added a couple of new enhancements.
                          [defense]

Comment

Yeah, the combat animations don't seem to be apparent. Usually it's still the same. A guy swings his sword, maybe it hits the other guy somewhere or not, but the other guy dies the exact same way.

Comment

I find the demo to be laggy.. Graphics lag, of course. That's even with me turning down the settings considerably, which then leaves the text very hard to read.

My machine is not a wimp either -- AMD64 3200+ and a 6800GT.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X