Supreme Commander: Februaury Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Commander: Februaury Release

I was reading a Maximum PC magazine and came across a advert that stated SC will be coming out Febuary 20th.

Re: Supreme Commander: Februaury Release

yup already got my pre order

Comment

How did you all like the beta?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I betaed at the start and even with the multitude of bugs mostly related to my computer not up to the task, one could tell this RTS title will quickly become THE RTS game to have.

The game is truly awesome and goes WAY beyond the usual AOE type clickfests and speed rush games. Problem is, it'll trash your computer unless you've got one less then a few years old IMO. I havent betaed in a while, but they may have optimized it since I played.

Typically, going from zoomed out straight to zoomed in with many units on the screen just freezed me out.

Anyways, this was one of the most fun RTS's I've ever played hands down. Not too much resource management and emphasize on strategic combat and teamplay.

And the fact you can zoom to troop level and then back out to WORLD level seamlessly is a groundbreaking technology.

The beta itself was very "personal". I got regular emails from the DEV asking my opinion and to check back in because of bug fixes. And in-game there was always a knowledgeable rep. to help with gameplay and rules. Overall, probably the best RTS beta I've been in.

Comment

Beta was hard. I dint expect an RTS to be so involved as this. Im just usta the click fest type games, but this one you actually had to think about how and where you were gonna move and build. Every action had an effect on everything. I played beta a few times and it would take up hours of my time. Im going to wait on actually buying it for awhile. But i do recommend it
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
            Beta was hard. I dint expect an RTS to be so involved as this. Im just usta the click fest type games, but this one you actually had to think about how and where you were gonna move and build. Every action had an effect on everything. I played beta a few times and it would take up hours of my time. Im going to wait on actually buying it for awhile. But i do recommend it
            It was definitely harder... which was why I liked it. It's as close to a turn-based complexity type game as an RTS ever will probably get. There's SO much going on at one time that in order to really be effective you HAVE to be zoomed out nearly to world level as time progresses, it's just that involved. Units turn to squads, squads to groups, battlegroups, then your entire army. You kinda are forced into not micromanaging so much.

This was one of the games I had on my list as a contributor to the gaming greatness we're gonna see in '07. When summer roles around, I plan on turning my cellular off and locking myself into my room until Fall.

Comment

Awww man. I was hoping this wouldn't come out until I'd have a computer that would be able to run it :D

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                Awww man. I was hoping this wouldn't come out until I'd have a computer that would be able to run it :D
                You might want to try a demo or beta before you make that judgement. Like I said, they/he did a LOT of optimization as of late and I'm sure it plays more smoothly on lesser systems.

FYI: You might be wondering why I said they/he. Well, another interesting thing about this game is that it's basically coded by ONE MAN. It's basically a solo project. Unbelievable what small companies can churn out these days.

Comment

Just saw that SC has gone gold.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                    Just saw that SC has gone gold.
                    Closer and closer, every day...

I live like 20 minutes away from Gas Powered Games or something. Maybe I should sneak in and grab the gold master, see if it'll run on my computer.

Comment

15 more days till release.
                      Also here are 40 maps that will be released with the game.
                      http://www.supremecommander-alliance...es.4736.0.html

Comment

DX10 or no? because i'll update to vista if so.
                        Current member of the

Comment

demo is to be released today around 12:30 EST. I think its dx9, could be wrong but i dont think so

Comment

Nope DX9 till they release a patch later that will enable DX10.

Comment

50 minutes until the demo!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse