Theater of WAR release Date announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theater of WAR release Date announced

Finnaly after 2 publishers and 3 delays 7years, hear it comes.
    Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Re: Theater of WAR release Date announced

I'm interested for sure. I still play Combat Mission once in awhile and with all the new features in this game it looks to be even better. CM is one of the best strategy games in my opinion.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
      I'm interested for sure. I still play Combat Mission once in awhile and with all the new features in this game it looks to be even better. CM is one of the best strategy games in my opinion.
      i've been led to believe that Theater of War is significantly different than Combat Mission, and of course CMx2 is coming out later this year. The main difference as I understand it is that Theater of War is more of a game and less of a sim than CM. The developers of Combat Mission are publishing Theater of War, but they have warned people that, while the game is good in its own right, we shouldn't expect it to be Combat Mission. Still, the game has been delayed since October for tweaking by Battlefront play testers, and it's now considerably more realistic now than in was then. In my view, such changes are welcome in any strategy game.

Comment

Originally posted by derdmeh View Post
        i've been led to believe that Theater of War is significantly different than Combat Mission, and of course CMx2 is coming out later this year. The main difference as I understand it is that Theater of War is more of a game and less of a sim than CM. The developers of Combat Mission are publishing Theater of War, but they have warned people that, while the game is good in its own right, we shouldn't expect it to be Combat Mission. Still, the game has been delayed since October for tweaking by Battlefront play testers, and it's now considerably more realistic now than in was then. In my view, such changes are welcome in any strategy game.
        Really? I thought it was similar in game play to Combat Mission?
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
          Really? I thought it was similar in game play to Combat Mission?
          probably Theater of War should be considered something of the same general kind, but i think they are different species. the developers of CM have endorsed the game, but they have also consistently distinguished the game from Combat Mission. i don't know how seriously to take them, but unless some radical revisions have been made in the past 5 months to the game engine, i believe Theater of War is something like Combat Mission "Lite." the new CM, contemporary warfare simulation of a near-future war with Syria, will be brass-tacs realist simulation as close to real constraints (realistic engagement ranges, shell trajectory, armor slope and penetration values, simulated combat morale, etc etc) as a game engine is capable of producing.

Comment

Interesting. This is my brother's unit. The first pics of the Strykers are his guys!
            http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...;f=52;t=001304

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Theater of War is more like Blitzkrieg on a larger 3d scale its an RTS fliud,

Theres is no you go, I go, we go, turnbase system in this game like some CM players are use to.

Its a fast passed game as in real life.
              Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X