Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Annihialtion

Total Annihilation

Probobly my number one faverate stratigy game of all time....

No, thats not where I got my name from... :)

is there any demos or anything for it?

Comment

ummm....that is a bit much to say. best? You are forgetting the classic like Command and Conquer and Starcraft, Warcraft III, Steel Panthers II and III

Games like those really give TA a run for its money :D

Comment

The game is a bit old now... I don't think there is a demo but it would most definietly be bargin bin material....

C&C and Startcraft are in the same catagory as TA and most deffinetly had a larger following but all the people I knew who gave TA a real chance never when back.

WC3 is new, not fair to compair. Though I still think TA's interface is better.

Steel Panthers.... I've never even heard of these games....

So let me repeat: Probobly my number one faverate stratigy game of all time.... I never said it is the best.... just my faverate :)

Comment

TA2 is supposted to be coming out at the end of this year, but it's not the same company so it will most likly suck.....

Comment

Originally posted by Total

Steel Panthers.... I've never even heard of these games....
            Armoured combat strategy games, very good in my opinion, battles from WWII to Korea to Desert Storm, also alot of what ifs (Soviet Union invades Europe)

I really enjoyed those games, as they incorporated everything from tanks to infantry in a hex-type board. Not sure if they are still available for the computer though.

So let me repeat: Probobly my number one faverate stratigy game of all time.... I never said it is the best.... just my faverate :)
            details, details, details :P

Comment

lol

So Wolf, have you played TA before? It's a good game, but like most other stratagy games it has a steap learning curve of keyboard shortcuts.... probobly the number one reason I never got into more stratagy games....

Comment

Originally posted by Total
                lol

So Wolf, have you played TA before? It's a good game, but like most other stratagy games it has a steap learning curve of keyboard shortcuts.... probobly the number one reason I never got into more stratagy games....
                I think I have (I do have a copy of TA in my game collection) but it has been so long I am not sure. I will have to load it up sometime and see if I have played it before :D

Comment

I agree. I think TA set the standard for what a good UI is and how fun gameplay is supposed to be. A very nearly perfect game IMO.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

TA IS MY FAVORITE RTS GAME! we need to play some time. boneyards is dead but i think you can play over zone nowadays.
                    4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Comment

Starcraft is the closest any game has ever got to perfect.
                      I'd throw away everything I've written you
                      anything... just keep me mind off it
                      thinking how I had you once
                      no, I can't forget that

...sometimes i wish i could lose you again...

Jimmy Eat World - Your House

Comment

Re: Total Annihialtion

Originally posted by Slurgi
                        Starcraft is the closest any game has ever got to perfect.
                        You didn't play TA too much, did you? Starcraft sucks very much in this comparision. I have played SC, then switched to TA and I'm not coming back to any of *crafts.

Download it and do some student time on www.gamingbattleleague.com to see my point :)

Comment

i would try to play but i dont even know if it will install on xp.
                          my favorite thing to do was dig into a corner of the map, pump out as many tanks as i could, make as many annilator cannons as i could, then make a huge gunship/bomber airforce. then once the nukes were done, lauch everything at once.

Comment

by the way, anyone ever get the midevil version of ta? the one with dragons and ****, i never got it but it could be good.

Comment

Totally Annihialted

There are two TA:2's coming out. One is made by the same Programmer and the other is made by the company that bought the rights. Saying that the unofficial one will suck, doesn't seem fair to say, because it was Chris Taylor who did alot of the development for it. Chris Taylor currently owns Gas Powered Games, and Electronic Arts has agreed to help him make the sequel. His sequel will be the 'spiritual' successor. He left Cavedog (the company that made TA and TA:Kingdoms) before Kingdoms. Now Atari/Infogrames has the rights to the TA name. They don't have any plans for a sequel ever since Phantagram (who had the contract to make TA2) went under.

As for playing a game, gbl is down right now. I don't know about Phoenix Works, but Zone is still up for internet games. However, my preference is to set games up through irc, on the irc.gnug.org server. That way you can talk about the game after, and play people that you know. I can usually play 2 game a day there. The skills there range from Gnuggerific (best) to I just installed the game, so you don't have to worry about playing. No one there cares how good or bad you are, and I haven't seen anyone complain about how a game went.

Additionally, Gnug215 will tutor anyone. He is quite nice, and quite good.

Oh, yeah, for the record TA still holds my attention, and I still love to play. If you want to try it out, contact me. I have a few liscenses floating around. I used to bet people $20 that they would love the game. Haven't lost a bet yet :). I haven't tried WCIII yet. Most of its appeal (like the RPG elements of it) doesn't interest me. TA has enough experience for units (nothing like veterean status).
                              X___________

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X