Empire at War question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire at War question

I received the DVD version of Star Wars Empire at War from a friend quite some time ago. (UK Version, I think?)

Now I want to purchase the Forces of Corruption expansion and my question is, will the UK Version work with the US release of the expansion?

The US Version of vanilla Empire at War are all in 2 CD sets, right?

Re: Empire at War question

My question is why would you want the expansion, now that you know how bad the original is?

Yes, it should work fine. You might need to patch it to account for the different versions.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

EaW isn't too bad. The main problem I have with it is that it is Star Wars Total War for Dummies.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
        EaW isn't too bad. The main problem I have with it is that it is Star Wars Total War for Dummies.
        When I amass a HUGE fleet and send it into battle, I don't expect to be restricted to 20 units worth. I want to send the lot in. The same goes for landing a MASSIVE ground assault. Also, you can't send multiple fighter squadrons on ground attack missions, even though they do that throughout the star wars universe. As usual, GL has wrecked another opportunity to give fans something worthwhile.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

^^^^^GL has nothing to do with that. That is all Lucasarts and Petroglyph.

God Lucasarts just have Creative Assembly make a Total War Star Wars game with a focus on "realism" and just call it a day.

I can't think of a Star Wars fan I know that would hate having a Total War SW game.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Star Wars: Rebellion is basically Empire at War only fun, if you still want a good Star Wars strategy game. In the UK it was named "Star Wars: Supremacy" though so you would want to look for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
              Star Wars: Rebellion is basically Empire at War only fun, if you still want a good Star Wars strategy game. In the UK it was named "Star Wars: Supremacy" though so you would want to look for that.
              This is another game that could have been so much better. That said, it's better (relatively) than other SW titles. If anyone wants a fight, give me a shout.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root have you ever tired Warlords?

It is this mod for Homeworld II that is Star Wars. Units from the Clone Wars all the way to the NJO. The last update to it I think added the Clone Wars to it.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I haven't tried warlords, but see my blog for thoughts on boredomworld 2. I'm going to reinstall tiberian sun and play with some mods for it.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                    When I amass a HUGE fleet and send it into battle, I don't expect to be restricted to 20 units worth. I want to send the lot in. The same goes for landing a MASSIVE ground assault. Also, you can't send multiple fighter squadrons on ground attack missions, even though they do that throughout the star wars universe. As usual, GL has wrecked another opportunity to give fans something worthwhile.
                    QFT!! I was very, VERY disappointed with SW:EaW. I was not expecting space battles to amount to sending in massed unit spam ahead of the battle and having them all appear on virtually the same locations of the same maps at virtually the same times for literally the same battles over and over again. I felt there was no strategy involved; map reconnaissance was made irrelevant; map control was non-existent; there were no supply lines to protect; and the maps were just not big enough. Simply mass your ships, send them in with a prayer, and hope you brought more spam than the enemy did was about all a fleet commander could do.

Maybe Iím spoiled on other top quality RTS games, but the ground-based side of the game was another disgrace, IMO, and followed the same spam strategy as its spacefaring cousin.

The meta-map was the only thing that mattered but not enough happened there, apart from seeing where the next spam was being launched from, to make the game interesting.

It all got boring in a real hurry, which is unfortunate as I am a fan of the SW franchise.
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X