Old Axis and Allies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Axis and Allies

I was going to post this in the Buy/Sell forum, but thought I'd start here first. I'm looking for the old turn strategy game Axis and Allies. It was true to the board game. Anyone know where I could down load it or buy it?

Edit: Here's what I was looking for-
    http://www.amazon.com/AXIS-ALLIES-OR...349077-3952117

Anyone have this and have tried to play multiplayer on it? When I had a copy, I played against the Computer. I'm hoping to find some turn based enthusiast that have this.
    Last edited by NorCalRoach; 05-13-2007, 12:01 PM.

Re: Old Axis and Allies

Old games like that are underdogs. You might try googling their home.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

I enjoy Axis & Allies and had a lot of fun playing in some of its online leagues. I still have the Hasbro release and its follow up Iron Blitz. There is also a clone called Triple A, which is a Free Software program with some neat modifications. I would love to roll the dice again, if you need an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil2281 View Post
        ...I would love to roll the dice again, if you need an opponent.
        Sounds good. I've ordered the game from Amazon (last time I checked it was $8). I should have it up and running later this month. I loved the board game in college. I'm also trying to get guys on the 33rd to get the game too. We'll see if we can't organize at least a couple of games.

Comment

From what I read, Iron Blitz is what you really want.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Iron Blitz uses the Third Edition rules, which do add a lot to Axis & Allies and cleans up some of the oddities found in the previous version. For example, submarines can submerge and Western Canada does not border the Atlantic Ocean. It also includes a few scenarios that are fun to play and gives you the ability to edit units.

Axis & Allies is easy to learn and a great introductory title for those new to wargames. I think it would be a blast to play either editions with other members.

Comment

In case anyone else is looking, I saw the A&A CD-ROM on the bargain shelf at Best Buy earlier today. I'd have bought it, but I already have it. :)

Comment

I'm bumping this old thread because I just downloaded the TripleA clone and wondering if there are any TGers out there who'd be interested in playing?

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki
                | | |

Comment

Does this use the expanded rules? I play A&A the board game, and the add on rules REALLY make the game for me....Cruisers, Destroyers, Air Battles, convoys, etc. Anyone know what i'm talking about? and are these rules available on the PC game? if so, i'm VERY interested in getting into this!
                  Dirt013

Comment

Looks like barebones A&A with a few of the revised additions. No air battles, convoys, etc. though
                    | | |

Comment

Actually, I took a look through some of the community sites and there are some addons that use the Europe: Revised rules and such.
                      | | |

Comment

If anybody has dl'd TripleA and is looking for a game with other TG'ers, I'm able to host sessions via Hamachi (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp). Right now Xen and I are gonna be getting some 1v1 going.
                        | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X