Ground Control II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Control II

Anybody Playing this? The demo is fairly entertaining so I was wondering if any one here has the full version and what they think.

Main Page

Videos
    New to TG?

Re: Ground Control II

I've looked long at the game. I'll download the demo and see if I like it. I've been looking for a good strategy game for a while.

I still miss my all-time favorite: Total Annihilation.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ok, I've started playing the demo. Looks good so far, and can see how it would be fun playing with the right people.

What server do you usually frequent? I play as TempusBlackheart.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see your post up there. I haven't gone online yet or purchased the game (MP only available in retail?), but I think I'll go out and get it this weekend.
        New to TG?

Comment

There is an MP demo available. I suggest you get it first.

There is one main thing about the game that might prevent me from playing it further, and will almost certainly prevent me from buying it...

In MP, you will see people completely upgrade their drop-ship, and then use it as a flying tank, basically taking out everything on the map. It is nearly indestructible, and its offensive power is unrivalled. It is one of the dumbest, lamest things I have ever seen in any game, and I am shocked that the developers are waffling on whether or not to do something about it.

It's too bad, because the rest of the game rocks.

Comment

Oh I didn't realize there were separate demos for MP and SP, I'll check it out. I did read something in the forums about the dropship controversy. I think some players were booting others that used the technique, so maybe there are some better servers than others out there, as in all games.
            New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X