Savage Modding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Modding

Is anybody excited about the capabilities of the Silverback engine? It's supposed to be easy to mod, yet they haven't released the SDK. It already has a map editor and new maps have already been created. Some are even going ahead and starting mods.

What kind of mod would you guys want to see created? There's one based on Ninjas vs. Pirates. The concept is quite interesting indeed. :D

- It's who you game with.

Pffft.... The Ninjas would always win....
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

BTW, I'm looking forward to new mods to Savage... I haven't played the full version yet, but the human v. human doesn't really get you involved in any kind of story... It's kind of mechanical in that sense...

I'd like to see a mod with some background to it...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Have you read the full games background? They even have a mini-comic on the site to illustrate it.
        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Has anyone started playing around yet? I have a script to bind the voice commands to the NumPad. It allows you to hit two NumPad keys to issue a voice command as opposed to the v # # method.

Are we planning on having a Savage Mod section on the site for these types of things? I have some ideas for other types of scripts like this and just wondered if anyone was interested in them. If so I would need a place to put them.

Is there any interest in starting a Savage Mod team here?
          flux
          [tg-c1]

Comment

and Pirates have gunpowder. get serious. Ninjas wouldn't stand a chance. remember the scene in Indiana Jones - Raiders?
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

I've been throwing around some ideas for a mod during my Java class... :P

I'm extremely interested in Savage modding and I think the SDK will be out by the time I finish up with the GR mod. I'll be devoting quite a bit of time to creating one. I'll probably need help because I can't do everything and get it all out in a reasonable time frame.

Flux, the numpad voice binds you sound a lot like you're playing GR. :) Post it up here. There really isn't a big following for Savage at the moment so a dedicated forum isn't really necessary.

The Pirates vs. Ninjas is going to be a blast. What really caught my interest was the sketch the guy posted. It's got this ninja running at a pirate and the pirate just stands there with his sword saying, "Yaaarrrrrrr!!" :D Here's the thread with the picture: Pirates vs. Ninjas

Comment

I'd post the script but it's kinda long and I don't have anyplace to link it to. Can I put it in the downloads here or something?

I came up with the idea for the script from Battlefield 1942. I bound all my voice commands in BF to the NumPad. And no, I don't play GR.

Let me know when you want to start on some Savage Mod'ing.
                flux
                [tg-c1]

Comment

I'll probably start on Savage during the winter holidays. I'll have more free time then. How long is long for theh script? I guess long. E-mail it to me and I can stick it in the downloads section.

Comment

Re: Savage Modding dbz vs pokemon

Hey i joined thesavage modding competion and i am working on a Dragon ball Z vs Pokemon mod where when u gain a level u transform pokemon : ) and for dragon ball z you gain levels and trans form from level 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc.... tell me if dis sounds cool it will be kinda hard but i think it will work and the pokemon charecters will be origional from 4 years ago

Comment

Re: Savage Modding dbz vs pokemon

I'm not sure how popular the mod will be but it should work. The idea of transforming pokemons when you level up is a good idea. Good luck with the mod.

Comment

Re: Savage Modding

Okay I'll admit it, I bought the origonal Pokemon for Gameboy.

But thats All, I swear!!!

um, hehe, thats an interesting concept. I dont know much about Dragonball Z, but I do remember those people going through more mountains than anyone could count. If you were to throw a little pokemon at one of those mountains I dont care if its that super powerred one I found in that cave at the end of pokemon, It'l thump on a mountain and probably just roll down and at the very least get up totally disoriented.

The Dragonball Z people just get up and brush off the dust as if pummeling through a mountain was common practice.

Yer gunna have to do some beefing up of the pokemon and some nerfing of the overpowerd splunkers.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

good luck I find the silver back engine is not too good for melee attacking. Although I havent played any of the newer versions.

Comment

Melee is tough if you have a high ping, and I mean 150+. It's quite sensitive to that sort of thing.

Another thing I thought of is the Dragonball copyrights. I remember a mod for HL or something that had to be released with altered skins and such because of copyrights. They later secretly released the true DZ graphics.

Comment

A few friends and I were designing a Starcraft mod on the Silverback Engine. Whenever I get done with my current project (Medieval UT2k4) We're gonna start working on this bish.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X