Alpha Centauri?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri?

Anyone play it? It was Sid Meier's pseudo-sequel to Civ2... I've been debating whether or not to reinstall it for some late night single player entertainment, but I remembered that this was the first Civ-style multiplayer game that came out after Civ2...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Alpha Centauri?

Dang. I remember AC. Don't think I have it anymore though. Had fun playing MP with a co-worker for some 'extended' lunch breaks. ;) Much fun teaming up against the AI. He did the research and gave me all the tech, I made the military with it and kept him secure. Nice little symbiotic arrangement there. Planet would have been proud. :icon20:

Comment

Do you have the expansion pack? Alien crossfire adds quite a bit to the game.
      X___________

Comment

I never knew there was multiplayer. Either way the game is laying around here if anyone is interested in MP.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf
          Do you have the expansion pack? Alien crossfire adds quite a bit to the game.
          Yes, I have it. Don't they have a multiplayer gametype where you basically "email" the turns to each other? I wouldn't mind playing a looong game where we do one turn per day. I'm gonna install it and see what's available... It's been a long time...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

^Alright just let me know nad I will install it as well. I don't have the expansion though.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

OK, I just installed it and it doesn't look like there's an option for the type of play that I was looking for. I think it was called "hot seat" play. I remember playing Civ like that: You'd start a hot seat game (meant for multiple people to play using the same computer) and in between turns, you'd simply save the game, email to the next player, they'd open the saved game and take their turn, save the game, and email it to the next player...

I hardly ever have time to sit down to an entire game all at once. I was hoping that I could start a game where just one turn a day could be made. I know the game could last weeks or months like that, but that's what I was looking for...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Play by email / hotseat is provided by the expansion pack. Like you, I thought I remembered it, so I looked it up. If I can find my copy of the game (unlikely) or download it (more likely), I'd be up for some slow gaming goodness.

Comment

Alright I will check on Ebay or AMazon to see if I can find the expansion. What is it called?
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                    Alright I will check on Ebay or AMazon to see if I can find the expansion. What is it called?
                    Alien Crossfire
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

anyone still interested in this addictive game?

Comment

Dude that game was sooooo awesome im suprised anyone else had heard of it. ill try to find it and see whether we can get some MP going.

Comment

Wow, I am shocked to see others still remember this gem. I loved it then and I still love it now.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X