Empire at War this fall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire at War this fall

This game "looks" good but will it be good?

The first thing i noticed from the Screenshots, is it's very smooth looking. I also like the display with the mouse on RTS games, i don't wanna have to look at 3 different box areas on my screen to determine my units health and stats.

I think this game will be pretty good, I'm looking forward to a good SW strat. The others were crap.

- -

Re: Empire at War this fall

Lets just hope there's no dumb ass limit on how many units you can build, which was one of starcrafts only failings. Empire certainly looks good, and some of the guys producing it were at westwood making tiberian dawn so who knows. I just hope there are no references to the imperial navy in the game. It's the imperial starfleet and we all know it.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Am I the only person that liked Force Commander. Rebellion was kinda boring and I liked Galatic Battleground but I hated that it was just AOE2 with a star wars facelift. This one looks okay. I don't agree with alot of their design decisions. It just seems wrong that captial ships give each other broadsides. ALso if you are looking for a really there is this massive mod for Homeworld 2. Its only the Galatic Civil War but it has weapons all the way up to the New Jedi Order.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I've only played some single player missions on farce commander, but I didn't really like it. George Lucas has a habit of allowing crap to go out with under the star wars name, yet he personally approves everything from books to toys to games to pencils, so that it's all up to the right standard. Go figure. Hey I still play rebellion - for some reason it was called supremacy in the UK and nowhere else. I say again - go figure.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I wish I had a chance to play it online against people. (For Forcecom) I kinda hope that Empire At War's MP mode is just SP mode against a human player..
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
            I don't agree with alot of their design decisions. It just seems wrong that captial ships give each other broadsides.
            Yeah, but it makes sense tactically. And they did it in SWIII.
            anyway, bumping because we've got movies! (woohoo!)
            One showing space combat and the death star blowing up a planet. Another with a little space stuff and some of the ground combat, mostly featuring vader.

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/71...04/vids_1.html

courtesy of gamespy.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Its just that I am used to Warlords where my lovely ISDs have turrets and such. Comon giving each other broadsides is so 19th century. Also in Warlords every ship was as powerful (or weak as it should be) so it wasn't good old rock paper sissors balance. I know that sounds odd considering SSDs have like 250 turbolasers but it works somehow. :icon_smil
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                Comon giving each other broadsides is so 19th century.
                Do you have a better analogy? Capship warface in space sims' closest comparison are the early naval battles, where big ships with lots of big guns still had to get close enough to see eachother to fire.
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X