Ground Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Control

I have to say the best strategy real time game I have EVER played was this sucker. The terrain, the soldiers, timing, and just plain thinking got you through the game. Numbers don't matter better ground does (well... unless its 50 vs. 5). I love how you can split enemy groups up and ambush them from the brush. The view of the game is also incredible as it can be aerial or zoomed in right with the soldiers. This is the key strategy game.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Re: Ground Control

I had a lot of fun just playing the demo on this one. I never picked up the retail, but now that the price is down I might.
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
      I had a lot of fun just playing the demo on this one. I never picked up the retail, but now that the price is down I might.
      Ground Control II or I?

Comment

It's really a damn shame your forum account name isn't Major Tom.

And it's really a shame I don't know the answer to your question.

Because, if all that were true, then I could just reply with

"Ground Control II, Major Tom."

And that would be awesome.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          It's really a damn shame your forum account name isn't Major Tom.

And it's really a shame I don't know the answer to your question.

Because, if all that were true, then I could just reply with

"Ground Control II, Major Tom."

And that would be awesome.
          hah! That would be hi-larry-ous.

Was the demo pretty? If so, that was ground Control 2. If not, that was ground Control.

Both are essential strategy purchases.

If you have Fileplanet access, Ground Control is a free download. You have to hunt for it, but it's there.

Comment

Ground Control II was ruined by the uber dropship. It made the game retardo.

Best strategy game ever was Total Annihilation.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Uber dropship... ahhhh darn they had to ruin it didnt they. Oh well I'll look at Total Annihilation but yes Ground Control I roxors my boxers.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
              - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Warcraft 2 for the win kiddies :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed