No announcement yet.

Tentative Event: Come and be a SINNER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tentative Event: Come and be a SINNER!

What do you all think? Do these dates work for you?
    When posting please let us know if you have the original game of course and any expansion you got and of course when you can play and on what date(s).

Thanks,
    HaveANiceDay
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Welcome to yet another invitation for Sins of a Solar Empire open event hosted by the Tactical Gamer Strategy Games Group aka TG: SGG.

Now for those who don't really remember what Sins of a Solar Empire is.
    You can follow the Reviews for Sins of a Solar Empire Thread for some great reviews by various online sources. Essentially SINS is a RTS of somewhat -atleast in my opinion- epic proportions which can be a simple 1v1 or a long and sometimes arduous 5v5 that can last a.... long time.

Don't have SINS yet? I do have to ask why not...
    But you can download a demo just about anywhere. But I know that if you Download and Install Impulse which does require you to setup an account. You can easily download the Sins of a Solar Empire Demo.

Of course that is not the only way to get it as you may easily google Sins of a Solar Empire Demo.

Ok, so you downloaded the demo and your interest is peaked.
    You could pick up an actual physical copy but it's probably alot easier to get a copy from an online retailer like Stardock. BUY NOW

It would be greatly apprecited if you plan on participing in this event that you have the Entrenchment expansion. But we aren't going to hold it against and we would rather have more people then not have anyone. So even if you don't have it please join us if you able.

Information:
    Event: Come and be a SINNER!
    When: Friday March 18, 2011 @ 8pm Central & or Saturday March 19,2011 2pm Central.
    Host: Tactical Gamer Strategy Games Group
    Meeting Place: Tactical Gamer Teamspeak server > Real Time Strategy Games
    Event Contacts: amu107.9 Also, look in the Strategy Games Section of the forums for any updates.

Would you like to join the Strategy Games Group?
    You can use SGG STEAM GROUP or on Xfire.

Re: Tentative Event: Come and be a SINNER!

Very interested in seeing this happen.

If we can get Entrenchment running, then we can finally see the starbase and minefield defensive upgrades and structures being used. I would love to see a giant fleet getting chased by a starbase. :)

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
      Very interested in seeing this happen.
      I would love to see a giant fleet getting chased by a starbase. :)
      Ha, yeah that is a sight to see!

Comment

I have not played Sins much but I will break it out some time, the fact that it is 2D really made me sad :( I will still try to get in though.

On the topic of every-dimension RTS's though, does anyone here still play Homeword/Cataclysm/Homeworld 2? I would love to see a game together in that.

Edit: May not have the expansion but I could join in with some vanilla sinners.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
          I have not played Sins much but I will break it out some time, the fact that it is 2D really made me sad :( I will still try to get in though.

On the topic of every-dimension RTS's though, does anyone here still play Homeword/Cataclysm/Homeworld 2? I would love to see a game together in that.

Edit: May not have the expansion but I could join in with some vanilla sinners.
          In fact, we both do. Chalcas and Jeremy do too... HomeWorld 2 is one of the games we use to play until Sins came out...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I have vanilla Sins, will try and make it on friday.

Comment

I have been asked to drive my parents to San Antonio to visit my sisters. I apologize but I am going to have to bow out of an even that I organized.... It is my fervent hope that anyone who shows interest to please still show up.

Sincerely,
              Agapito aka HAveANiceDAy

Comment

All right, I'm stepping into Amu's place. I'll be acting as host unless for some reason people can't connect to me. In which case, we'll figure out someone else to be host.

We'll still be gathering on Teamspeak under the "Sins of a Solar Empire" channel. If the channel isn't there, it just means you're a bit early and probably in a few minutes, someone will go and create the channel. :)

So, come on out and be a sinner! Gather your friends, build your fleets, and crush all those who stand in your way as you storm through the stars to become the ultimate power in known space!
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ah crap, well, it looks like I can't make it. I have Maple Fest to go to... Ya, so I'll be busy for part of the day...

Comment

Great fun everyone! We need to do this more often :D. Maybe we could eventually get some 3v3 or something going.

Comment

How did the Saturday portion of the event go?

Sorry I wasn't there but I had left the house early in the morning and by the time I got back, it was already 2 am.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I don't think Saturday happened...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X