Pirate Bidding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate Bidding

How much is too much? When is it actually more profitable to eat a pirate raid then to try to out bid someone to it?

Re: Pirate Bidding

When you know where the pirates will likely strike and you have 2 or 3 greenhorn cap ships with a support fleet waiting for them to sop up all the XP.

If you have a strong economy and can afford to invest in it, you can also drive up the price of the bounty to force your enemy to spend more, and then lose the bidding and take the hit anyway. When the next round comes, you will already have the highest bounty in the pot ready for bidding. Just be sure that you have not left your flank open to a concurrent attack from your foe while you're dealing with the pirates.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

It depends on who the target is and how strong of a military that person has.

It the other team is targeting a weak player on your side, then it's usually a good idea to get everyone else to contribute to the bounty on another enemy player. This is especially true after the game has progressed for a few hours (those pirate fleets are huge in a 4v4 after about 3-4 hours).
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Does the pirate raids ever lessen? I noticed that the pirate status was severe by the 4th or 5th raid.

Comment

I believe pirate severity is keyed to the size of the bounty. There is also a big difference if they are split between multiple bounties or all make a run on a single target.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Well, the best way to deal with the pirate problem in your turf is to create a nice strike force of capital ships and destroy the pirate base in your galaxy.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to continually put a bounty on a person who is a thorn in your side.

Now, pirate severity might be controlled on how much money the pirates collect over time. Does that seem likely?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X