Just bought this...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought this...

Hey guys, i just got the game and after about an hour of play im not too enthused. I kind of feel like the game is playing itself and I'm looking for random things to click on.... any chance we can get some multiplayer going on to give my learning curve some fun?
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Just bought this...

I'm surprised you feel that way -- I almost never feel like I'm searching for something to do. I always have a list of things I want or need to do to accomplish certain goals, and not enough resources to do everything. I'd suggest jumping in to some multiplayer games on ICO and seeing how you like it.

DaBrit

By Any Means
    [/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
      Hey guys, i just got the game and after about an hour of play im not too enthused. I kind of feel like the game is playing itself and I'm looking for random things to click on.... any chance we can get some multiplayer going on to give my learning curve some fun?
      I thought this way when I was playing Civ4. But for me Sins feels a lot different. This game is not for everyone, but I would stick it out for a bit to see if this is the game for you. Hope to see you on Teamspeak!

Comment

Try to play a few more games through. I know in the early game when all you're doing is exploring and getting a few basic structures and units and research up there isn't too much to click on. But once you have a couple fleets chasing eachother around the system and you start to figure out how to set ambushes all the while advancing your tech trees and unit production, it gets friggin insane IMO.

While the actual movement of units in this game is slow and the battles play out slowly, at certain points it can be a really exciting game. I can't wait to get on and play some multiplayer. I had two marathon sessions since I got the game on Friday and I'm really loving it so far. I say give it one more chance before completely writing it off, maybe try to play some bigger FFA games vs. the CPU or something.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Ya, playing on teamspeak makes a huge difference. You learn from more experienced players.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm not writing the game off, just trying to get past the learning curve... I'm coming from fps's here.

There is alot to keep track of in the game and some TS would be good.
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

YAY!!! Good to hear. We need as many player as we can get.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Learning mode = 3 person small FFA map that ends up 2vs1 against NPC. Have someone (if there's someone online) work you through one to learn.

Honestly though, we havent even scratched the surface of potential for this game yet (from the last time I played - which was too long ago). It has so many strat/tactical layers that you really never get bored of it. And you're constantly learning. Then, when you think you've got it mastered there's a Mod that throws you off (maps, stat conversions, total conversions, etc.) Then there's simple a million different ways to play... even "turn-based" if you'd like. Hell, there's a movie-mode for gods sakes.

So really, the game is basically what you make of it. If it sux to you then it generally means you're not setting yourself up for success. It's kinda like playing a crappy game of DnD and then blaming it on the game... hehe Obviously, it's not the game's fault (usually) but the DMs/player's fault.

Anyways, give it some time and you'll be a Sins crackhead like everyone else. It's gaining traction every day so it'll be easier and easier to get pickup games.

Comment

last night me and Sir Ned were giving a basic training to Switch, but sadly, it was cut short for reasons of time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X