Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fix the host error

http://www.kiclan.com/monk/Networkin...y_the_Monk.pdf

this is the answer to the biggest problem in hosting Sins.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: how to fix the host error

This post I made earlier may also help you set up a static IP.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...tml#post919827
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

After using the port forward setting as described in the first post on the thread I was able to successfully migrate a game when the host dropped... so this is the fix everyone is looking for.

Forward Ports:
      6000 TCP
      6112 TCP
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Switch, I know this may sound funny, but I had a second computer near by that I could have just plugged my mic in.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Biggest problem I find is most people dont know exactly what to fwd. the ports TO. To find this out, simply click start, then run, type "cmd", then ipconfig. Find the listed IP adress and type that into your port fwding section. Sins is picky with this, so simply putting something like 192.168.2.100 isnt good enough. More then likely it'll be something like 192.168.2.103

Comment

The exact info you need will be in my link on the 2nd post. You need to forward the ports to the correct computer... and you need to set the IP static so it doesn't change.

Its all in here, though meant for a different purpose.

This post I made earlier may also help you set up a static IP.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...tml#post919827
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

I found that the router had a password and I could not access the panel.

Comment

I found the password, followed what I believe were the correct steps, and found that I still could not host.

My linksys router control panel is confusing to me, and I need help.

This problem might be from having two routers (the generic box sent with the dsl package and the linksys).

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                  After using the port forward setting as described in the first post on the thread I was able to successfully migrate a game when the host dropped... so this is the fix everyone is looking for.

Forward Ports:
                  6000 TCP
                  6112 TCP
                  I'm still a bit confused here. Where'd you get port 6000 from? I thought to host a game in SINS, all you needed was to port forward 6112.

I'm following the guide and was hoping I wouldn't need to use No-IP, but now it seems I do need to use it. Stupid AT&T and their $50 a month fee for a static address...
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Could ask Tempus.

Comment

I followed Switch's guide and setup the No-IP service along with a static IP on my computer, but I still can't seem to host.

Is there some sort of custom setting that I need to adjust in the No-IP DUC program?
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X