today was crap for gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today was crap for gaming

guys, I do not know why, but today was the worst game day I have had in a long time.

I know today was not official for gaming, but man how dysfunctional can you get?

when you guys finally showed up, everyone had to download a mod. A mod is ok, but not at 9 in the evening.

In the end, I really did not play a game...

This is not to say I did not have problems on my end... I had some one in my family yelling for me to do something which took 15 minutes, so everyone started a new game without me...

Guys, this is directed to all here: lets get our stuff out of the way and then try to be on at the same time. That includes patch downloading...

Please realize guys, that this is something I messed up on too, so please don't feel like I hate you.
    Last edited by BeSiege82; 03-30-2008, 12:05 AM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: today was crap for gaming

I understand why you hate us all, and I will talk to my therapist about dealing with it.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I don't hate all of you, but I found it annoying that people say ya, but then something comes up 5 minutes later...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
        I understand why you hate us all, and I will talk to my therapist about dealing with it.
        LoL... nice

On another note (not directed to anyone):

As for me, I'd just walked in the door from being in Costa Rica for over a month... so, either I patch and DL or I dont play at all - nuff said. Not to mention Ironforge changed their netcode so hosting became a bit of a chore. (but, I've got it figured out now)

I have advice for all who play SoaSE: "be patient" and "K.I.S.S." (keep it simple stupid)

My next small nugget of advice (not as much advice as it is a request):
        TGers do not quit and walk away from games in a huff. Teamplay means helping out those who are struggling... before, during, and after games. If that means sitting and waiting a while, so be it. If that means getting knocked around in-game for a bit, so be it. If all seems to be lost (in your opinion), use your teamwork and try to recover before shutting your system down w/o saying a word. (I've come back from being totally annihlated to pwning the game, because of smart play and/or teamwork).

As a TG representative Host of ANY GAME we play, there should NEVER be unwarranted disconnects. It's the same as a BF2/2142 admin just getting pissy and hitting the "off" button; it's just not cool... dont do it.

If you decide to play an FFA game... be prepared to get mad. You may get owned early and have to sit out (if you werent wise enough to utilize some diplomacy). If you're the host and you KNOW you're gonna lose... sux to be you, but you've still gotta hang around to host the game right? As far as I know Ironforge isnt set up P2P like SupCom is, so that means the host must stay active (I could be wrong).

Anyways, as the playerbase grows much of this will be moot. You'll be able to play whatever "version" of SoSe you want and not have to wait long for pickup games. Personally, I like vanilla SoSe - I know I havent mastered it yet, so I have no reason to be modding. But of course, it's fun to play a mod every now and then.

I'll be online on and off throughout the day so if anyone wants to play whatever I'll be available.

Comment

I'm going to wait until i win a single player game before coming back online... too hard to compete with those who know whats going on.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
            I'm going to wait until i win a single player game before coming back online... too hard to compete with those who know whats going on.
            The key is playing together in Coop against NPC (as I've said over and over). Best way to learn. Hit me up if u see me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X