No announcement yet.

Sins Expansion packs announced!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sins Expansion packs announced!

Today Stardock & Ironclad Games are proud to announce the first of several micro-expansion packs, for the award-winning Sins of a Solar Empire. The first micro-expansion Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment is currently in development and will be released late 2008 for $9.95 via Stardock’s Impulse digital distribution platform (

Developed by Ironclad Games, Sins of a Solar Empire is a real-time strategy game that adds an extreme amount of depth normally only seen in turn-based releases. One of the highest ranking real-time strategy games of 2008, the title has sold over half a million copies and won several Editor’s Choice awards.

Specifically, Entrenchment promises to bring fans a Starbase defense platform for each race (extremely powerful and armored bases housing a variety of weapons and other upgrades capable of defending an entire planet), turret upgrades for each race to make them more powerful (not only stronger than the current versions, but also upgradable with long-range weapons), mine fields and a Subspace Inhibitor platform that will slow enemy ships within its range.

Ironclad has two additional micro-expansions in development as well. One of which adds new diplomacy features to the game and another that will add new technologies and ships.

The expansions are being developed to prevent fracturing of the multiplayer community. If both players have a given expansion pack installed, the features are available, but if one does not, the expansion pack features are disabled for that particular game.

You can pre-order the micro-expansion now for $9.95 directly from the Impulse Store. Entrenchment is only available through Impulse.
    Of course they had to put it through the Eternal plate of Damnation.

I personally think that Starbases are an excellent addition, reminds me of galactic civilizations.

Re: Sins Expansion packs announced!

Anything to add dimensions to the game is great. As good at it is, most of my games get stuck in the same build/grab/defend/zerg rut.
    In game handle: Steel Scion

It's a good addition.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Way cool this is something to add more playability.
        The last patch nerfing the neverending ships from beyond for Vesari was cool too.
        I actually built up that ladder as fast as I could then found out I had to pay som ridiculous amount to get them and lost the game.

That actually made me try to really planet grab and then start spreading culture sooner.

I'd like a single player experience please. I'm such a newb, and there's nothing much I can do other than just planet rush. I have no idea on upgrades or units.

I gave up on the game simply because it was just so familiar. As Steeler pointed out, for all the seemingless endless strategic options you end up doing the same thing over and over again, just increasing the efficiency of doing it.

Maybe this will help. But of course Spore may take up so much time that I won't even notice.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed